Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most Outrageous Panic-Buy Pics/Stories You've come across

Chriznak

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Happy and hopeful thought.....

Wouldn't it be great if no real restrictions came down and a few years from now the market was flooded with cheap, never used rifles, mags and ammo.

Just day dreaming...sadly.

I bet that's not too far off. Most of these geniuses bought everything on credit, so the bills will come due the same time as they have to pay off all the christmas presents and trips they all bought but couldn't afford. I'm guessing the next few months will be a great time to buy stuff from people that need money in a HURRY to pay off a CC debt or make a husband/wife less likely to kill them.

Just a thought...

some good has come from all this panic buying,i found a S&W model 64 revolver stainless trigger and hammer early 70's

i presoom.looks like most are buying black guns not shiney ones you load buy hand ...

one at a time,its was 250.00 i thought is was worth that. did all these people just figure out you can buy these types

of things and are now buying them.or are they closet haaters forced to come out due to the prospect of them begining

to loose thier choice to have or not to have,or have they figured out they will have to protect themselves caus no

body else is.........

I talked with people who bought pmags with the hope of getting an AR "someday". I watched a guy put his name on a waiting list for ARs and when the salesman asked what type he wanted he said "something with one of those rails you can put stuff on"

My only wish would be... For all of theses shops and companies (and panic buyers) to commit a small percentage of their sales or purchase dollars to the NRA and spend 5 minutes calling/writing their reps in congress. The "i got mine" attitude does not protect our freedom or more importantly our children's freedom.

I would not expect all those newly bought items to come on the market at decent prices. People who overpaid will just as likely continue to overvalue the items when they try to sell them.

I agree......I do not think too many people will be willing to sell their goods at a loss!

My local gunsmith/shop out of everything AR & AK including ammo in the first 2 days. I went to pick-up my 7 lb. jug of Titegroup and had to comeback the following week to even get into the place. Other than a few 1911s' his inventory of semi auto guns was sold out, including shotguns. All his prices were normal as always, no raised prices. Even all the M&P 15-22s' were gone.

I would not expect all those newly bought items to come on the market at decent prices. People who overpaid will just as likely continue to overvalue the items when they try to sell them.

I agree......I do not think too many people will be willing to sell their goods at a loss!

True, but people that didn't have this stuff already and "needed" it will be the only ones over valuing. I think as production steps up and the market starts getting flooded, prices will come down. I have seen a little of this already, as the $3000 DPMS panthers that sold in PA last week are now sitting stagnant at $1200. Pretty soon I bet they are back to normal, and we will be able to buy new stock at normal-ish prices. That HAS to drive down the price of what people paid. They can sit on an AR they overpaid for and take a $3k loss or raise $1000 right now and not get killed by their spouses ;)

15671_10151195689666045_50313245_n.jpg

Lines outside Larry's Pistol and Pawn in Huntsville AL

Drove by Larry's twice going and coming yesterday. They were closed for the holiday weekend yet both times there were 3-4 cars and a bunch of guys staring at the door disapointed the could get in to send $$$.

Anybody get harassed at the range to sell one of your AR's yet? I had one on the bench to shoot and one hanging in the rack. Had so many people ask me to sell one that I'm thinking of taking bicycle chains next time to lock the one I'm not using on the rack!

I am so proud of my local shop btw. They have always been a little pricey but they are a small store. They sold the last AR they had in stock during the rush for exactly the same price as the first one and that was amid a couple jerks trying to have a bidding war to take it away from the guy buying it. They also turned down a young guy that came in to sell his AR asking $900 because he needed the cash. Instead they consigned it for him and listed it no reserve on Gunbroker and the kid walked away an extra 500 bucks heavy. I heard Mr. H even gave him a couple hundred cash up front to see him through until the auction closed.

That's what I'm talkin about.

I bet that's not too far off. Most of these geniuses bought everything on credit, so the bills will come due the same time as they have to pay off all the christmas presents and trips they all bought but couldn't afford. I'm guessing the next few months will be a great time to buy stuff from people that need money in a HURRY to pay off a CC debt or make a husband/wife less likely to kill them.

Just a thought...

I am actually thinking along these lines here. Will be interesting to see what happens.

The gun shop at my local range sent out a great message to all the members. They stated that despite the current price insanity they would maintain their normal pricing structure. These are the kind of folks who will continue to get my business. They are also fellow USPSA competitors.

While at the moment they have almost empty shelves and no AR related arms or components left, they will be getting lowers, uppers, complete AR's and PMags later this month. It will be interesting to see how fast those disappear.