Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How will this effect us?

G34 CORDY

Not to get political but how will this ban affect USPSA divisions? Will Limited be turned into Limited 10 or if you need more mags how do you get them? Iam having trouble finding Glock 35 .40cal mags, I just bought it for Limited and cant find mags to put extentions on.

What ban? Nothing as happened yet other than panic buying.

IF it works out that YOU can't get standard cap mags YOU would be best served playing in L10 or Production.

I would not expect the many, many more USPSA shooter who HAVE mags to be shuffled into L10. We have

L10 for ten round mags.

Sorry, but thems the breaks

I had a conversation with one of the USPSA Range Master Instructors the other day and his take on it is if the proposed bans go through, we will see Open-10, limited will go away, replaced by L-10 and production. We will probably see multi-gun disappear too. BTW I wrote my senators, representative, and governor and suggested this really needs to become a state issue if it looks like we don't stand a chance of staving off the bans. Our state representatives have already drafted a new state law to repeal ALL gun free zones in the Wyoming that are not Federal property and taking a stand on keeping AR's and hi-cap mags legal in this state. You might reach out to your elected officials and propose the same.

PANIC, PANIC. a little pre-mature. All I can snuggest join the NRA. If you are not a member already. IMHO.

Iam not in a PANIC just wanted to see what everyone thought IF this happens thats all. I have already joined the NRA.

no way to conjecture without actual laws being enforced. Lots of possibilities. Like whether or not there are grandfather clauses. If existing standard mags are ok like the 94 AWB I imagine LImited and Open will remain unchanged for many years.

In a worst case scenario, hopefully you have enough mags to get through until the law changes back. If not, our community of shooters is so vast and friendly that I am sure SOMEONE would be happy to lend you their extra gear. For example, given a worst case scenario, I have plenty of CZ and Glock mags that I would be more than happy to loan out.

I expect Vice President Biden and his task force will come agains shooters hard. My guess AR's will be outlawed. Ammunition taxed so bad that we can't afford to shoot. We can't stand idly by and just let this happen. We need to contact our Federal and State officials often letting them know our position. Otherwise it will happen.

Jay

If you want me to speculate in advance of firm information, I predict an AWB like 1994-2004 permanent and closing the "gunshow loophole", i.e. requiring all gun sales to be through a FFL. (If you think the FBI's clerks are deleting those sales records iaw the law, I have some Kansas beachfront for you cheap.)

I have deleted my projection and opinion of USPSA policy because it would get me banned from the board.