Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I miss what this forum used to be

• 2 weeks later...

I think I know what he is talking about. I remember when a new face would ask a question and generate responses that where not "try a search" which can come off very bad or short for someone unfamiliar.

I think I know what he is talking about. I remember when a new face would ask a question and generate responses that where not "try a search" which can come off very bad or short for someone unfamiliar.

I can remember when I first came here and actually used search function ;)

The entire tone of the Internet has changed. everything changes and we must all adapt.

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

It looks like you both have been members since 02. I have only been a member since 08 and I will tell you without a doubt, "try a search", was alive and well then too. That is nothing new.

Not only this forum but I see on other gun forums that there is a lot of "If you don't do it MY way, you're a dumbass."

Now, I try to help people not to make the same mistakes I have. Some of those were expensive (anyone want to buy a $2000 Norinco?).

What's this mean

If I have to explain

I know what he means. This forum used to be allot more helpful, friendly. I miss how someone would always post a "Happy Birthday" announcement practically everyday.

Kyle tries to be as active as once was, but he has taken on more responsibility than before.

I miss some of the the original members that are not around anymore. Tight Loop, etc. Although I've noticed recently that many of the old-school guys like Sam / Bonedaddy, 300LB Gorilla, Paul W. are starting to come back again, albeit to a slightly different board. :)

WELCOME BACK old members & WELCOME to all the ones who might be new around these parts.

What's this mean

If I have to explain

I know what he means. This forum used to be allot more helpful, friendly. I miss how someone would always post a "Happy Birthday" announcement practically everyday.

Kyle tries to be as active as once was, but he has taken on more responsibility than before.

I miss some of the the original members that are not around anymore. Tight Loop, etc. Although I've noticed recently that many of the old-school guys like Sam / Bonedaddy, 300LB Gorilla, Paul W. are starting to come back again, albeit to a slightly different board. :)

WELCOME BACK old members & WELCOME to all the ones who might be new around these parts.

This

It looks like you both have been members since 02. I have only been a member since 08 and I will tell you without a doubt, "try a search", was alive and well then too. That is nothing new.

So, along these lines, I decided to "do a search". :rolleyes: It seems the first advice to use the search function was given Posted 09 January 2002 - 09:04 AM. It has been with us since the beginning and is still a good idea ;)

Later,

Chuck

PS: I still miss Rhino...

So, along these lines, I decided to "do a search". :rolleyes: It seems the first advice to use the search function was given Posted 09 January 2002 - 09:04 AM. It has been with us since the beginning and is still a good idea ;)

Later,

Chuck

PS: I still miss Rhino...

Hey, that means we made it through 8 months without needing to tell people to use the search function. :goof: :goof: So, for eight months everything was new -- that was an exciting time.....

What was the forum like in 2001? I had quite a bit of downtime in my job as a photo editor on the weekends, so I would "save" accessing the forum for when I was at work, to try and have it entertain me for half an hour or so. There were so few of us, that there simply weren't a lot of new posts each day (maybe 30?), and there was a ton of time for thoughtful responses....

Everyone soon knew everyone else well. It was a great time to be on the forum, but so is right now. We've gained from each person who found us.....

I too miss a number of the characters who departed -- Rhino, Tightloop, Chriss Grube who mentored me through my first Sectional one month after I started USPSA -- and I'm glad to see some oldtimers returning.....

Hey, that means we made it through 8 months without needing to tell people to use the search function. :goof: :goof: So, for eight months everything was new -- that was an exciting time.....

I am not sure I understand your math but the last time search was suggested was Posted Today, 06:45 AM. I guess, if you had done a search, you would of known that :roflol:

Happy New Year!

Chuxk

It seems like when I try to help others on this forum I end up helping myself. I'm not what I consider to be a good writer so many times I will copy and paste something from another post. I end up reading posts that I may not have seen otherwise. There are some real jewels here.

Oh by the way does anyone have a good 9 mm load for blah blah blah.... :)

Ronnie,

I see this topic brought up every couple of years. And most times it's related to the perception of mistreatment of those seeking information, when that information may be considered old-hat to many who've been around for a minute.

All we can do is lead by example, and if you see someone abusing a new participant, call 'em out for it.

I know you'd get knee-deep in someone who abused a new shooter at a local match. I can't imagine tolerating it here, either.

Try using the search function is one of those posts I hate to see. I try my very best not to use it and we have even discussed this multiple times on here. I rarely venture to other shooting related sites but when I do I get out of there as soon as possible. As much as I have had my differences with a few folks, this is still a very good forum with very decent and well intentioned folks.

What ever happened to M.O.M?

I am not sure I understand your math but the last time search was suggested was Posted Today, 06:45 AM. I guess, if you had done a search, you would of known that :roflol:

Happy New Year!

Chuxk

Chuck,

I was referring to this from you:

It seems the first advice to use the search function was given Posted 09 January 2002 - 09:04 AM.

Since the forum dates to May 1, 2001, it would seem that we made it through the first eight months of its life without dispensing that advice. Had you done a search for the earliest post maybe you would have been able to follow the math? :roflol: :roflol: :ph34r:

I am not pointing fingers at anybody on this forum. I think people in general have become rude and self centered in all areas. I come across this every day, you go into a retail store and the clerks are standing there talking to each other rather than asking if you need help. People go out of a door and just let go of it never mind the person behind them getting hit with the door etc. The icing on the cake for me was today when I was visiting at a local hospital and a woman came out pushing kids that looked to be 9 and 12 appx in a wheel chair. There was nothing wrong with either of them. They got to their car and the kids jumped out of the wheelchair and started runnng around the car. The women gets the kids in the car and drivers off leaving the wheelchair in the parking lot. I could not get there quick enough to raise h@#* with her. She is lucky I didn't catch up to her.