Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ghost 360 mag pouch

Msfinlayson

I've been playing with them. The release is smooth, but it's not immediately adjustable like CR Speed and others. They also take up a lot of space on the belt. 5 Ghosts probably take up at least 3 more inches on the belt than 5 CR Speeds. It's nice that you can pop on and pop off individual pouches without threading them through the belt. That's a cool feature. It's also cool that they come with two parts so you can have them bullets forward or bullets out, depending on your preference. Finally, they are considerably cheaper than other competing products, so they're probably worth at least a try.

I have used them most of this year with my Open and Limited gun. And I like them so far, no thumb screws to tighten or Lose when they fall off. But be aware the spring they talk about that holds the magazine in place, Its plastic, not metal. Not sure how long they will last before breaking, mine have made it a about a year so far. They come with two types of plastic springs, one smooth and one with a rib for more tension.

Thanks. They look like they would do. But last night I had a Safariland discount card fall in my lap. So I might go that route and setup a SS and production rig. How things just got complicated. Lol

Edited by Msfinlayson

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had a problem when these breaking? The tabs are holding up fine, but I've had 4 break in the last six months where the cup screws into the belt attachment. Am I just tightening too much?

I have briefly tried them

I liked:

price

mounting options

good retention

I don't like (well not as much as DAA racers)

mounting is huge (take up lots of belt space even mounted bullets out)

no height adjustment

plastic spring parts

I would suggest the DAA racers or CR speed versa pouches are best value. probably give the nod to the racers. they are a better design, better mounting system. the mount parts are alluminium not plastic. the take up minimal space on belt, price is still reasonable (yes they cost more than ghost but not a big deal).

• 4 weeks later...

I tried them briefly and went back to my CR Speed pouches. To be fair, I got them to try the bullets out arrangement but when I switched to a Safariland belt system I could not save any space no matter the orientation so I just stuck with my CR Speeds ...

I'm going to use mine for limited. For production, they take up too much space on my belt (31" waist). I put 2 DAA racer pouches in the front and am currently using 3 ghosts behind that, and that is workable, but I need another pouch or two for my limited rig, so I'm going to replace one or two of the ghosts with DAA racers for production.

If you want to be a baller (nuthugger) and run bullets out, the DAA racers require a bit of fussing and drilling, but they've been pretty solid ever since, and I don't have to mess with them.

If I needed more than 3 pouches, I would for sure get the DAA racers.

I'm going to use mine for limited. For production, they take up too much space on my belt (31" waist). I put 2 DAA racer pouches in the front and am currently using 3 ghosts behind that, and that is workable, but I need another pouch or two for my limited rig, so I'm going to replace one or two of the ghosts with DAA racers for production.

If you want to be a baller (nuthugger) and run bullets out, the DAA racers require a bit of fussing and drilling, but they've been pretty solid ever since, and I don't have to mess with them.

If I needed more than 3 pouches, I would for sure get the DAA racers.

I think they've improved the racers. they no longer require any drilling etc. You just need to turn down the head of the bolts a little bit with a dremel or something (otherwise it sits against the tension wheel), or just by smaller head bolts. the mounting cog even pops out and transfers over to the bullets out position so you get the same, nice locked in place mounting as bullets forward.

I think the racers are the best compromise between cost, features etc. I have the race masters too but if I was setting up another rig (regardless of which division) it would be racers again.

• 1 month later...

Can someone give some feed back on the Ghost's being used with M&P mags?

I run the ghost pouches with M&P mags. I put a spacer in the bottom of the pouches so the mags ride higher and there is more of the mag exposed. The mags sat too deep / low in the pouches for me to get my thumb between the mag and belt. I run them bullets forward, if you run them bullets out this doesn't look like it would be an issue.

Edited by bthoefer

I run Ghost 360 pouches for my CZ and my son runs them for his M&P. I've been using them for about seven months and have broken two of them. Very fragile connection between the pouch and the belt clip. I believe that I might have caused the breakages by over tightening them but still wish they were stronger. They take up quite a bit of space on the belt but other than that, they do what a mag pouch should do at a great price.

I'll have to try putting spacers in my sons pouches and see if he likes it. FYI, he now runs three Ghost 360 pouches and two CR Speed pouches (remember I've broken two Ghost 360 pouches). I run bullets out and he runs bullet forward. I decided to go back to CR Speed for him for the sake of durability.

The CR pouches ride significantly higher than the Ghost pouches. Here's a picture of them side by side with M&P magazines in them. (NOTE: The configuration in this picture will NOT work... my son currently runs the CR Speed pouches behind the Ghost 360 pouches.)

tGX4s2P.jpg

I've been using them for Production since March. Quality seems high overall, no breakages even though the springs and spacer screws seem cheap. They are very secure, and function extremely well. I've probably done 500 mag changes out of them so far. They are too wide on the belt for sure. I am a size 34, and five pouches go to the middle of my back. It's irritating. Bullets out was awkward as shit; I gave it a couple hours of mag changes and went back to bullets forward.

The white nylon spacing screws on mine were covered with a bit of molding flash which sliced the back of my index finger open if I got too aggressive with a mag change from the second or third pouch. I ended up removing the flash and shortening the screws to fit my Glock mags perfectly. This means they prob won't fit another gun's mags, but that doesn't concern me.

For the record I normally use Safariland 773 and 771 pouches, for Limited and 3-Gun. I would buy the Safarilands if I had to do it all over again.

Edited by Dr Mitch