Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open in Frostproof Florida

I know its a long ways off, but some of us from the area that will still be frozen in February are starting to plan on attending this match. It will be held at The Universal Shooting Academy will send my app in this weekend probably.

February 18-20, 2005Florida Open

Personally I like the name of the town where it will be held at.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Just to reiterate what L9X25 said, as of Sunday around 130 entries were in which is about where they were last year in early January.

I was told that last year a lot of foreign entries were turned away because the match was full, so I reckon a lot of folks are not taking a chance and making sure they get in this time.

I hope to be shooting on Friday and will have a vendor table set up on Saturday and Sunday. If anyone wants to pre-order to eliminate shipping costs, let me know. Look for the CPWSA banner, stop by and say hello.

Public service announcement:

It has always a been Florida Open policy that: “ALL SHOOTERS WISHING TO BE SQUADDED TOGETHER MUST MAIL THEIR APPLICATIONS IN THE SAME ENVELOPE".

All entries sent in the same envelope will be squadded together to the extent possible. If you send in your entry and request to shoot with someone who has not sent in his application we cannot promise anything. Frank has been in Iraq and the remaining staff is overwhelmed with the volume of applications and incomplete squadding requests. Please send your applications in together to assure that you will be squadded together.

As of today we approaching 200 entries. If you want to guarantee that you will get in, and have your squadding requests honored, you will need to mail off your application(s) TODAY!

Leo

• 3 weeks later...

Dan, I havent decided yet if I'm going to give the wheel gun another year or not. I signed up Open but I really dont know yet. Chris has been giving me such a hard time about it, I think I'll just make him shoot it. See you there.

Another Public Service Announcement for those still interested in shooting the 2005 Open...

I am told that there are only a few openings left for Sat/Sun and they are no longer able to honor Squad requests for Sat/Sun. There are still several slots open for Friday.

If you want to shoot you need to act quickly.

Leo

OK, guys, since we're talking loosely about revolvers at this match, does anybody know whether there are enough revolver shooters planning to go this year to justify any sort of division recognition for Revo?

I keep finding myself looking at plane ticket prices on travelocity, and this match might just be at the edge of being do-able for me, but the only USPSA class card I have right now is in wheelgun.

At the risk of sounding just a tiny bit mercenary, would I be shooting just for fun if I show up in Frostproof with a revolver, or are there prizes/plaques/etc. being awarded in the Revo class?

Thanks,

Mike

mike,

i guess we'll have to take our chances on the prize table.

i want a piece of the major match circuit, prize or no prize.

bring your revo, mine's going.

as far as revolver div attendence goes, its gotta start somewhere.

buy your ticket

see ya there

dan

Mike,

Frank is very generous when it comes to trophies. He gives them for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place overall even if there are only 3 shooters. There are 6 revo shooters right now; you would be 7. As far as class goes, that depends on # in class. Come on down, it is a good match.

Cliff