Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my orders! Going back to the Army!!!

uscbigdawg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries.

10/28/2004 Departure

Fort Sill, OK (yeah! <_< ) for 11 weeks.

Fort Sam Houston, TX (Yeaaaaaah!!!! ) for 11 weeks.

Fort Benning, GA (Jump School baby!!!) for 3 weeks.

Then, probably stationed in Ft. Bragg, Ft. Campbell or Italy tasked to an Airborne unit.

Rich

P.S. Nothing of my California "stuff" is getting sold...yet. I'll announce if it's necessary.

Travis,

That's the running joke at Airborne school (did it before...and the Army in its infinate wisdom has me repeating it).

"Just remember the PFC rigger packing your shoot, the night before didn't get any from his girlfriend that's cheating on him, he bounced a check, got chewed out by the First Seargent and hasn't had lunch yet."

God Bless the Army!!!

Rich

Yeah, I thought that I was going to get stuck with a M-9. However, my college roommate just got back from Camp Victory in Baghdad and said every medic there was toating M-4's and M-16's. He thought of me and figured I'd prefer the long gun to the pistol (which is way true).

The Army (in its infinite wisdom...sensing a theme) is telling me that I need to go to basic training despite being a prior service officer. Oh well. Basic is easy and fun. The "old man" comments from the bunk mates will get old quick. Just means I have to smoke their ass on BRM week.

I thought the 11 weeks was kind of long too. But, when you figure 1 week for Recep Batt., 9 weeks of BCT and 1 week for Christmas (the Army gives us time to go home...yep even during training :wacko: ), it makes sense.

Rich

"...Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

Be sure to shoot some matches with us before you leave. I need to beat you before you go. :P

Take care, God Bless, and Thanks.

Be sure to shoot some matches with us before you leave. I need to beat you before you go.

Like that's gonna happen. :P

I used to be a 111-17, which in the 50's was Airborne Infantry. Back then the 101st was sitll airborne instead of riding around in helicopters. 50 static and 250 freefall.

Hooah! My first go around, my initial MOS was 14-S. Air Defense/Air Assault tasked to the 101st Airborne. Campbell was cool. Glad to leave and return to CA where I did the balance of my reserve time.

Skydiving is great! I have 30 static and 50 freefall (last ten were as a civilian).

I'm a little nervous, but know that as soon as the first DS starts yelling, everything will just happen and there will be a smile on my face. Hooah!

Rich

Rich,

Good Luck, Keep your head down where ever you end up !!!!

Just a thought, TT is Limited, Max is Open Greg is Production, Name slips me but the armorer is L-10 they NEED a revolver shooter????

GOT to cover all the divisions don't we????

Hang in there have a blast at boot.

SAM

I remembered the name finally.... Joe Harless (Sorry Joe memory is as long as hair) :lol:

And Also Col. David Liwang (C.O.) shoots L-10

and SGT. Arron Hampton is out right now with tendonitis (prefers 3-gun)

Edited by hopalong

well heck, rich...we never talked about this...of course, being out of the corps since 74 makes me an old timer, but then again, once a marine!

good luck at benning...and stick with rotary...fixed wing for revolver shooters...

c u at a 3 gun match nearby...and be thankful yer leaving the people's republic....

Butch....