Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Basepads for SS mags

gmg

I recently changed magwells from a S & A magwell to a Dawson ice magwell and my 8rd mags won't extend below the magwell which causes seating problems. I have standard base pads on my Wilson and CMC mags but they r flush with the Ice magwell. CA you buy extra long baspeds and where from. What are others using?

The CMC extended basepads are long enough to seat with the Dawson magwell, but don't typically have to be sanded down t fit the box like the Wilson basepads do. CMC basepads wil fit both CMC and Wilson 47 (not the 500) mags.

BB

What bbbean said is really true. Be careful that the gun will fit in "The Box" with every one of your new extended base pads.

Your Wilson pads are 0.350 thick. The new ones will be 0.625" thick. If you sand them back to just over 1/2-inch thick, you'll be good. Their Part Number is 47BEN.

If you have the CMCs with removable pads, these should fit also.

I use Dawson mags with the Dawson "gap" basepads for my Single Stack 9mm and the Wilson large basepad for my SS .45. I do grind down the basepads on the Wilsons and check the length of all new mag basepads with the local IDPA box.