Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 MGM Ironman

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Getting close, and still so much to do to get ready.

Looks like stage descriptions might not be available, to which a buddy said "I know them already.... lots of pistol, rifle and shotgun each stage".

Are you bringing back the bunker stage or are you giving us troopers a break again this year?

The bunker stage might be a possibility if you can find 6 RO's dumb enough to run it. No luck on that last year, not that I'm complaining.

Maybe a silly question, but is there a time zone change between the hotels in Ontario, OR and the range in Parma, ID?

No, but there is a time change right before you get to Ontario heading east. Ontario and Parma are on Mountain.

Doug

Maybe a silly question, but is there a time zone change between the hotels in Ontario, OR and the range in Parma, ID?

No, but there is a time change right before you get to Ontario heading east. Ontario and Parma are on Mountain.

Doug

Wow. Didn't know that. :excl:

Thanks for the heads up.

Are you bringing back the bunker stage or are you giving us troopers a break again this year?

The bunker stage might be a possibility if you can find 6 RO's dumb enough to run it. No luck on that last year, not that I'm complaining.

I was dumb enough last year to be on the longest stage but not the bunker. I figure 200 yards one way is 1200 ft per shooter and assuming there were 125 shooters, that's about 28 miles in 3 days. The bunker just has a hill so you end up doing about 14 miles half up hill half down.

someone told me once, to take 3x what the round count is just in case. Seems like the slug count is down this year from last, which is nice since they have been hard to acquire. I plan on taking 900 pistol, 900 rifle, about 450 shot and maybe 150 slugs, some factory and some home rolled. Camping at the range. Still looking for stage descriptions.