Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2013 MGM Ironman

If I'm reading the stages right the round counts look like they include a minimum round count for each firearm for all the targets that could be shot with that gun. But it looks like there are lots of targets you can shoot with multiple guns. Like plates with shotgun or pistol. Might be able to reduce that shotgun loading a bit by doing some more pistol work. This is just a guess though since the diagrams are still rough.

I really want to thank Travis for putting this out. I thought I was the only one who started out with stage diagrams that looked like they were drawn by a drunken 8 year old.

Are you going to Ironman?

I am looking for additional Oregon cohorts to hang with!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuck,

I am saddened but not at all surprised that you are familiar with the drawing skills exhibited by an eight year old under the influence of alcohol. I lobbied Travis to not give out any stage diagrams prior to the match, and to only post the minimum round counts. It is the Ironman after all!

If I'm reading the stages right the round counts look like they include a minimum round count for each firearm for all the targets that could be shot with that gun. But it looks like there are lots of targets you can shoot with multiple guns. Like plates with shotgun or pistol. Might be able to reduce that shotgun loading a bit by doing some more pistol work. This is just a guess though since the diagrams are still rough.

I really want to thank Travis for putting this out. I thought I was the only one who started out with stage diagrams that looked like they were drawn by a drunken 8 year old.

Are you going to Ironman?

I am looking for additional Oregon cohorts to hang with!

Yep, I'll be there for the Scoped Tac match this year. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Ontario.

Shucks - I am there for the first half, but at the same hotel!

ETA: I was initially signed up for the tactical match but switched due to a work conflict.

I have a pre-paid reservation at this hotel from June 5 to June 9.

If anyone here is looking for a hotel those dates, I'll give it up to this crew for 50 cents on the dollar.

PM me.

ETA 2 - The room was non-refundable. So if no one uses it, I'll check in and drive home . . . :devil:

ETA: I may have a taker

Edited by Zeke013

Slugs on the double spinner killed me last year. Know your slug zero.

This will be my first time shooting the match, what distance were the spinners shot at with slugs?

Is anyone else thinking of bringing their dirt bike? Most of what I ride is very tight and heavily treed, the open area near the range has intrigued me for some time. Trav told me about an area a 1/2hr away - Jump Creek I think.

I found a BLM OHV area near there called Owyhee Front with links to maps; http://www.blm.gov/id/st/en/visit_and_play/places_to_see/owyhee_field_office/ohv_riding.html

From what Rider Planet says it looks like a 50 mile loop but with all the trails there we could shorten that I’m sure or split it up – say before and after lunch http://www.riderplanetusa.com/atv/trails/info/idaho_04366/ride_9cc5.htm

We could go on a day before or after the match or on Wednesday.

What do ya think?

Earl

People use just about everything.. use what makes sense

Are there rules on shot? Only thing I see, leaves it pretty wide open

>>

3.4 Shotgun ammunition shall be 20 gauge or larger, LEAD SHOT & SLUGS ONLY.

<<

People use just about everything.. use what makes senseAre there rules on shot? Only thing I see, leaves it pretty wide open>>3.4 Shotgun ammunition shall be 20 gauge or larger, LEAD SHOT & SLUGS ONLY.<<

3" #4 on the spinners FTW!

Just wanted to share some updates about the range with you.

Last fall we started working on a irrigation system and grass area where people camp. Unfortunatly the spring has not allowed for the grass to grow and get strong enough for extended use. We will have the area roped off, but we are asking people to limit use of it. By this fall and next year it should be an awesome area for camping. People are still welcome to camp and there is several places at the range where they can. Plenty of space to camp, although there will be limited shade. If you are camping, bring a shade cover if you can.

We have built and installed a multi level loading/unloading ramp for atv's, utv's, motorycycles. Everyone is welcome to use it as they arrive and depart from the range.

We have built a members only area that is about 95% complete. Competitors are welcome to welcome to use it for sight in as long as they defer to and allow members to use it as well. This is the area where stage one used to be.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

For sight in, any restrictions on Rifle, Slugs, Pistol.

Will we need to bring targets stands?

backers?

targets?

what are the hours of avaliblity for this range?

Sorry . . .but we're starting to pack now, and target stands and targets go on the bottom, not on top of the gun cases.

This area is literally brand new. There will not be a lot in the way of backers. We are building some this Saturday. You can shoot whatever you want and you will be able to shoot out to 200. We may have a few metal targets out. Bring your own paper targets and staple guns.

Newb question : will I need a sling for my shotgun?

I hope not - I am going slingless.

I thought I read that a slung weapon had to be completely empty.

I would rather set it down on safe.

for the last 4 years I've brought a sling for my rifle and shotgun. . . i'm glad i did

even if it was for just looping around my range bag and dragging my gear up and out of the pit.

it is better to have, and not need

than to need and not have . . . and having to then scrounge 550 cord and cutting the passenger seat-belt out of your rental car.