Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

is there room for an east coast Major?

While it is a disappointment for some that the IRC will be back in Kalifornia for 2013 I have to wonder if there is enough east coast guys to hold another Major match that compares to the IRC. Maybe something like the United States Revolver Championship or an East Coast invitational????

Is there a club with enough motivated people to host a two or three day revolver match? If they build it will they come? I realize there are regional icore matches in several locations but it is hard to be motivated to travel 1,000 miles for an 8 to 10 stage 1 day match. Although I am greatful the matches that are held a larger format would be more fun... as long as the shooters are there to support it.

in summation:

Will the other clubs who put in bids to hold the IRC be willing to go on a limb and try to hold their own major match for us ICORE fanatics? If they do will the people come? Is there any interest in this?

Just thinking out loud

Edited by ChrisC

What's wrong with simply attending the IRC?

The Hogue Range is a great venue, and Morro Bay is a great place to visit.

Sure, it would be nice to have the match travel around the country from year to year. It would also be nice if ICORE existed in a meaningful way in the central and eastern parts of the U.S.!!

What's wrong with simply attending the IRC?

The Hogue Range is a great venue, and Morro Bay is a great place to visit.

Sure, it would be nice to have the match travel around the country from year to year. It would also be nice if ICORE existed in a meaningful way in the central and eastern parts of the U.S.!!

Chris C. Is speaking about in addition to the IRC. We still travel there when possible and to a couple of regionals close by. (Close by is spelled less than 12 hour drive) But if offered I would strongly consider going to one, Heck Chris C and the crew traveled all the way to Michigan, or was it southern Canada, for a one day match. Long haul. :cheers:

Mike, like Bubber said, In addition too... the IRC...

we went to the central states... we watched them hometown the prize table so I won't make that drive again... long drive for a 1 day match

I went to the Mississippi Cup in 08 and the Southern Regional this year... Magnolia puts on a hell of a match.. but it is still a long drive for a 1 day match...

I would like to travel to Australia and shoot their ICORE match.. maybe even Italy..

I would love to see more interest in revolver shooting as a whole, specifically ICORE. There were several clubs that expressed interest in holding the IRC, but with the "midwest" match being held in western nevada makes it hard for us central boys to make as many matches as we would like..

So the question stands: does the eastern side of the united states have the shooters to make a larger match worth while to the club and volunteers that would host it?????

OKC could do it but the main guy works a fulltime job and Bubber and myself are a big portion of the local ICORE volunteers and we live 2 hours away and we only get an average of 12 to 15 shooters per match it would be challenging to find the resources to pull of a true big Oklahoma Icore match... so who has the resources to do something like this?

Mike, like Bubber said, In addition too... the IRC...

we went to the central states... we watched them hometown the prize table so I won't make that drive again... long drive for a 1 day match

I went to the Mississippi Cup in 08 and the Southern Regional this year... Magnolia puts on a hell of a match.. but it is still a long drive for a 1 day match...

I would like to travel to Australia and shoot their ICORE match.. maybe even Italy..

I would love to see more interest in revolver shooting as a whole, specifically ICORE. There were several clubs that expressed interest in holding the IRC, but with the "midwest" match being held in western nevada makes it hard for us central boys to make as many matches as we would like..

So the question stands: does the eastern side of the united states have the shooters to make a larger match worth while to the club and volunteers that would host it?????

OKC could do it but the main guy works a fulltime job and Bubber and myself are a big portion of the local ICORE volunteers and we live 2 hours away and we only get an average of 12 to 15 shooters per match it would be challenging to find the resources to pull of a true big Oklahoma Icore match... so who has the resources to do something like this?

Pioneer Gun Club in Kansas City Mo or Millcreek rifle club in Kansas, possibly Tri-County rod and gun club in Kansas. The problem is finding the leadership to head the effort. Dave Williams did a fantastic job a few years back with the sunflower classic in Topeka. Dave managed to set up and run the match and also shoot it. Many of the IPSC guys brought revolvers to show support for Dave's effort. It's going to take someone with leadership skills, a lot of passion and the time to make it work. I think locally the interest and volunteers are there but the commitment in leadership isn't.

Edited by toothguy

I would love to see a east coast or anything more centrally located major. I was hoping that the IRC was going to move east some, but they have great success where thay are located and it makes sense to keep it there.

Mike my reason for not attending the IRC is the same one for not attending the USPSA revolver nationals in Vegas. I'm retired and have to pick and choose my matches. The cost to attend the IRC with airfair, motel, rental car, food, match fee's, etc. would pay for a whole seasons worth of ammo :surprise: and I shoot a match almost every weekend. As much as I would love to shoot the IRC it just isn't in the cards(bank) right now.

I'm looking forward to the USPSA revolver nationals coming to PASA next year, and hoping to get a slot. Hoping a big turnout sparks interest in revolver class which will bleed over into ICORE(at least east of the mississippi).

I shot Wheelgunner's Revenge in Michigan last year, which was my first (and only) ICORE match. They put on a real nice match, but it was a one day format.

My understanding was the reason the "midwest" match was moved to Nevada was they couldn't find anyone to host it in the midwest.

In response to the question in the title. The answer is YES.

As Co-Chair of ICORE I can say this. Yes, it is true that we have not had anyone to put on a Midwest Regional it was decided to have the "Midwest Regional" in NV because a club stepped up and wanted to have a Regional Match and there was already one scheduled in their Region.

I am all for having a Midwest ICORE match and would attend if it was possible for me to go.

As for the bids on the IRC. There were no other bids to host the IRC except SLOSA. So we went with them again this year. It is quite a drive for me to attend the IRC in Morro Bay as I live in Missouri and it is close to the NRA Bianchi Cup which we sponsor and attend.

There are several clubs in the Midwest that could host a "Major" ICORE match but it is up to the Club and Members to do so.

Thx

David Surgi

President Secure Firearm Products

Co-Chairman ICORE

ICORE RO Chairman

Any icore in missouri?

Not at this time but am planning to have some at Lamar Gun Club in the future. I am current very busy with new products for SHOT Show so I don't have much time.

Any icore in missouri?

Not at this time but am planning to have some at Lamar Gun Club in the future. I am current very busy with new products for SHOT Show so I don't have much time.

Dave, please let us in KCMO know about match dates there are a few of us that would love to shoot ICORE.

There was only one group that stepped up to run the IRC for 2013 so they got it. If you want the match somewhere else, put together a proposal and you can have it. The match was very close to not happening next year. Thanks to Chris and Dave for stepping up.

Don't know about an East Coast, but Mike Carmoney was part of a group that put on a few pretty good Revo Matches several years ago in Iowa and Mike Luttrell and his guys/gals in Arkansas did a great job with an indoor range too.

Of course none came close to the level of the IRC.

I'd love to see it in Tulsa or some other big Midwestern Range, I just don't travel that much.

And the future is looking bleak for about anything but a large match, and not many of them even for me.

It is so much work, it takes a very dedicated "group" with access to a good range to pull it off.

Edited by pskys2

The purpose off this thread is to see if another part of the country has the interest and resources to pull a irc level match off other than in California. Icore is mainly a west coast organization when looking at the active members. What does it take to grow icore in other areas of the country?

• 2 weeks later...

There are two ICORE clubs within a 2.25 hour drive of me in NE FL. Neither pulls more than 25-30 shooters per club match (often in the 20 shooter range)... and these are the two biggest ICORE clubs in Central FL, where action pistol shooting is BIG (IDPA draws 95-100 per club match, and USPSA isn't far behind)

The matches are fun, well-run, and with very good range facilities. The 'match' facilities (motel, restaurants, travel distance, etc) are convenient and plentiful.

But, if local clubs can't generate more than 25-30 shooters for the biggest club matches in FL... I have to wonder what the level of interest would be for a Major match. You'd have to have a bunch of folks drive a long way, or fly into Orlando.

I would love to see a ICORE Major in my neck of the woods. I just started shooting ICORE and love it. But, you have to wonder if the match would fill. But, if anyone is interested in holding one in FL (Universal in Frostproof is there, and has a lot of Major match experience) I would suggest it be OCT/NOV & and early Dec. A much less chance of rain.

Don't even think about July, Aug, Sept!