Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

8th Annual 2013 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

So we have to clear all firearms before dumping them? That is going to catch a lot of us that have developed abandonment habits over the past few years. I would also like to see a round count since we are coming up on this soon and need to make plans.

I've just got into the habit of clearing all my drops that way, I guess RO'ing matches has made me nervous, I have seen quite a few guys get DQ'd by dropping a SAFE gun and the safety gets bumped OFF in the barrel. I've had to DQ, 2 last year, that both me and the other RO saw him put on safe, dumped in barrel , gun rolled and clicked off safe.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't guess we are going to get any replies about round counts and abandonment rules. It would be nice to know how much ammo to bring since I am flying and need to make arraignments. The match is only a few weeks away and several of us from Texas would like some info please.

My son,nephew, and I will be shooting tomorrow (RO's ).

here's what I was told

105 SG

110 pistol? ? ? not real sure on this one, just over 100 though

75 rifle

Of course those who have RO'd before know that may change if the stages need changed.

To add, I think the biggest shot they allowed was 6 in lead, no steel. I plan on bringing a lot of rifle because come hell or high water I am hitting that far rifle steel this year :-). Looking forward to the match!

Round CountPistol 120,Shotgun 110 Rifle 85

Firearms can be grounded hot as long as the safety is on.

Shotgun ammo #6 or smaller, no steel, no slugs, no buckshot

Longest rifle target is 385 yards

We will only post COF's on our website if time allows, as you can guess we are all very busy.

Registration will be 3:00-6:00 on Thursday the 16th and 7:00-8:30 on Friday.

Thanks, Ken

Edited by Flood

Just found out I could make it today. Ken said he had room for me at the match but I can't find a place to sleep. Does anyone have half a hotel room they want to spilt with me?

I got a room in Marshall

1911-45

My wife decided not to go so I have a room in columbia with two double beds. I would be glad to split it with you. It looks like columbia is about 40 minutes from the range.

1911-45

My wife decided not to go so I have a room in columbia with two double beds. I would be glad to split it with you. It looks like columbia is about 40 minutes from the range.

Is that closer or easier than Marshal