Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leupold Prismatic

TRUBL

As match director for the colt match the side match was advertised as a 50/50 side match. I have been to many matches with side matches like this including blue ridge and others. The winners take the winnings. No issues. That is the way it works. If you are not happy win it yourself.and then donate the money to whoe er you want. Wounded Warrior is a organization, I raised almost 1500 dollars last year.through matches I ran. People won money at all of them, as payback.

As match director for the colt match the side match was advertised as a 50/50 side match. I have been to many matches with side matches like this including blue ridge and others. The winners take the winnings. No issues. That is the way it works. If you are not happy win it yourself.and then donate the money to whoe er you want. Wounded Warrior is a organization, I raised almost 1500 dollars last year.through matches I ran. People won money at all of them, as payback.

God bless you for that Dean!

If I am ever lucky enough to win a side match for the Warriors, I will proudly give the money back to them!!

Nuff said I guess.

How do you deal with a 6.3 moa center dot if you are shooting at an 8" plate at 300 yards with a 300 yard zero? The dot would cover 18.9" at that range. What is the strategy? Thanks for the reply, not being smart I simply don't know.

6.3 moa dot is the circle plex reticle. That's why nobody uses it. The dcd reticle has near a 3 moa dot. Much easier to use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Would somebody mind measuring the height of their LaRue Prismatic base and letting me know how tall it is? Also, is there a gap between the LaRue and a stock riser where the "tongue" of the riser and the "groove" of the Larue are supposed to meet when used together? The Midwest mount I have is shorter then the stock base and won't give me the height I am used to compared to the stock mount. It also has a small gap which probably doesn't make a dif but I am not enthused over.

Thank you.

How do you deal with a 6.3 moa center dot if you are shooting at an 8" plate at 300 yards with a 300 yard zero? The dot would cover 18.9" at that range. What is the strategy? Thanks for the reply, not being smart I simply don't know.

Good question bmiller. When I ordered my Priz with the circle plex I did not know the dot was 6.3moa, I thought it was 3moa.

But being a "glass is half full" kind of guy I decided to figure out a way to make this reticle work for 3-gun. I used it at BRM3G last year in the He-man Irons division and it worked well.

Zero the bottom of the dot at 250. That gives you a center of dot at 100 which is perfect for hoser and stages that don't go out past 300. With a BOD zero at 250, at 300 just hold 12 oclock on an 8" plate for a center impact. At 350 just hold a little higher. The point being that with a 250 BOD zero you'll usually see some part of the target.

Here's what's useful for those long range shots. The top of the post which is 3moa wide acts as a wonderful post front sight and will give dead on at 390 with a BOD 250 zero. You can use the thin post for hold unders inside 390 and hold overs past that. It can be pretty effective, just like iron sights.

As it turns out, I'm glad I got the Priz with the circle plex.

The above holds are for a 308 at 2550 fps. In a .223 at 3000 fps the points of impact would be slightly different. So that's the strategy. Hope this answers your question.

From the top of the upper when mounted on the rifle, to the bottom of the groove that accepts the riser block that comes with the scope is .220. The block fit snug in my mount.

Thank you, just what I needed to know.

I ended up buying one of each......

What I found on the DCD is that with a typical background.....I could loose the dot and then had no reference to find it again....took longer. I also felt that the dot was too small.

I do zero at 50yards and this is my 200yd zero as well.

The dot on the Circle plex being 6.3 MOA will cover a 12 plate at 200yds......cover target, pull trigger....no brainer.

At 300yds.....the dot will cover (basically) 19" of circle....divide that by 2 and that is roughly my drop at 300 yds.....another no brainer here....bottom of the dot at center of the plate....pull trigger.

the wonderthing is that at 400 yds.....the top of the bottom cross hair is also my drop at that distance.....go figure.

FYI.....the circle is perfect for hosing targets out to 25yds......circle on target, pull trigger.

IF.....I lose the dot, I have cross hairs to help guide my eye back to it.

I traded off the DCD for another circle plex and I am now good to go.

At the FNH match, we had to engage skinny Sammies at 100 yards. How would you handle that? Thanks

Good news is that they are 12" tall.......my gun shoots 1.5" high @100.....cover the top 1/2 and shoot

Tim

• 4 months later...

I like the reticle but I'm not sure how well a "multipurpose" crossbow scope is going to handle an ar platform and dump barrels but I guess at 130 bucks its a disposable scope, if leupold did one like that I'd have made the switch much sooner.