Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Girlfriend

Sharkys11

I guess I have it made. I have 1/2 a day in the year I can't do what I want and that is xmas morning. I never hear a word about hunting , shooting or working the dogs. However I am never in the taverns and spend the rest of my time at home or work.

You will never be happy in the state your in. Cut and Run!!

Mildot

Im in the bars every night. Oh yeah I clean there aquariums I forgot. :roflol::roflol:

Other than that I dont have time or the will to sit and drink.

Yes I need to cut it and run. Hopefully to some hot red head super model. :sight:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife isn't anti-gun, she's just anti-me shooting and it is a constant issue.

And once you're married, it is different. I'm shooting "some" but not as often as I'd like, but that's compromise and I have to deal with it.

But, it is a PITA, because, even though there is compromise, I still have to pay an additional price.

Byron

I once had a relationship like that, she hated my Cigar Buddies, me smoking Cigars, buying Cigars, and my Cigar Website. I ended up leaving the house most days thinking "What a Bitch"

I then came to the realization that I abide by to this day;

"Life is too short to be unhappy"

Whether in work, or personal life, you need to be happy at what you are doing, if not, then change it.

I divorced her, and of all things, met a gal in a Cigar Store. We have now been happily married for 10 years, and just last month she bought me a new Glock 23 for my Birthday, so ya, I am happy.

My Divorce was not an easy thing, we did not have children, but we did have property and vehicles etc. But I can look back now and say that it was the best decision for me, at the time.

You are the only one that knows what to do, but, you also need to do what's best for your situation. oh, and

Life is too short to be unhappy.

Good luck,

rg

I can tell you from experience - it's time to trade an old 44 for a new 38! Life is too short to spend it fighting. Break up with her and find someone with as many as possible of the same likes as you. If you can't do things together you will end up drifting apart and break up later anyway.

Or possibly a pair or 22s lol

I can tell you from experience - it's time to trade an old 44 for a new 38! Life is too short to spend it fighting. Break up with her and find someone with as many as possible of the same likes as you. If you can't do things together you will end up drifting apart and break up later anyway.

In my single days (yes, they are long past) I always said, "Two is always better than one!"

Just make sure you are playing catch and release

Ill take a pair of 22's :devil::devil::devil::devil::roflol::roflol::roflol:

In my single days (yes, they are long past) I always said, "Two is always better than one!"

Just make sure you are playing catch and release

Right now I dont want any keepers.

Its one of those: Grunt, Get out

I hear some people on this forum met their spouses at a shooting range.

Can't really go wrong there. :rolleyes:

No offence but I would hate it if my wife was a shooter... I need my time with the boys. :cheers:

I shoot alone, not to many open shooters here. Dont have alot of friends that shoot.

She will object to any time spent by you paying attention to anything or anyone but her. Simple.

RUN, don't walk to the nearest exit and return to your life. Be quick to say "no!" - a lesson I wish I'd learned much earlier.

Mark

My EX-wife was and still is severly anti-gun and everything that involves or includes it. Some of that is just her views....most of that is from me constantly being deployed during the majority of our marriage. We went our seperate ways for other reasons, and its now a constant battle because my kids are into our sport. I guess the best thing to say is to get single before it turns into a situation where you cant get gone. Thankfully....she isnt the only woman alive.

She hates the fact that I am into shooting. Hates the bullets, guns, powder, this forum, the fact that people bring me things to work on, ups and fedex when ever they deliver bullets.

She is a farm girl that used to love to shoot now she works for the state and hates it.

Ive tried to get her to go and shoot at the range and she wont do it. If I mention Saturday match or Thursday night match she gets pissed and goes on her little tirade. What to do??????

If I had to chose between my guns and shooting and a woman I would keep the guns. But then again I am single. I would rather live alone and enjoy life and the things I like to do then be in a relationship and be miserable.

Pat

There are some out there. I met mine at the Nationals. Her gun broke and I fixed it for her. We've been together for over 5 years now. She is 100% on my side as I am 100% on her side. We shoot matches, reload, deer hunt, cut firewood with his & hers chainsaws, work and do most things together. She is fine with me getting any gun or shop tool I want if we have the money. I am fine with her getting any gun or kitchen tool she wants if we can afford it. No one has to hide anything from the other one. We work together not against. :cheers:

This is after 3 marriages where I got bulldozed into the ground in the divorce because we were fighting over everything. Breaking up is hard to do, but it gets easier with practice. :sight:

Be picky about who you hook up with next and your life will be a lot better!

FYI....Lautenberg Amendment

That said... If you are currently co-habitating, any order of protection or restraining order or just a call to the police, there goes your gun rights.

Tread carefully.

ejection-seat-af-acesii.jpg

So true well she hasent called the cops and I really dont think she will I work on some of there pistols so to say I know most of them.

My girlfriend has been shooting USPSA longer than I have.

Met her through a mutual friend that brought her to the range one day.

I will admit, its still a little weird getting this text message while I'm at work HA...

"Can we pleeeaaase go shooting when you get of work today??"

And sometimes she acts like she doesnt want to go... Just so I can shoot with the guys.

I'm pretty crazy about her.

My wife had never shot a gun till after we were married and thank god she didn't like all that well. She wanted to learn how to shoot to defend herself just in case. She is coming around slowly but surely. Our five year annversary is this Saturday and she is taking a CCW class. She tolerates my competive shooting but does think it getting out of control trying to shoot one match every weekend. There are good ones out there just might take a while to find one. Good luck and take your time and make the right choice.

My girlfriend has been shooting USPSA longer than I have.

Met her through a mutual friend that brought her to the range one day.

I will admit, its still a little weird getting this text message while I'm at work HA...

"Can we pleeeaaase go shooting when you get of work today??"

And sometimes she acts like she doesnt want to go... Just so I can shoot with the guys.

I'm pretty crazy about her.

I'd suggest finding a good jeweler post-haste...