Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Girlfriend

Sharkys11

She hates the fact that I am into shooting. Hates the bullets, guns, powder, this forum, the fact that people bring me things to work on, ups and fedex when ever they deliver bullets.

She is a farm girl that used to love to shoot now she works for the state and hates it.

Ive tried to get her to go and shoot at the range and she wont do it. If I mention Saturday match or Thursday night match she gets pissed and goes on her little tirade. What to do??????

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooting and hunting is part of who I am. I dumped a pretty hot girlfriend in highschool because she was anti-hunting. I proposed to my wife on Thursday, went elk hunting for 5 days on Friday...she KNOWs if she had complained (which she did NOT) I would not have married her. Never has she objected to any of my shooting and hunting, and she is just now starting to enjoy shooting .22rf, after 16 years of marriage.

No reason to "hate" the person, but move on with what you truly enjoy.

I can tell you from experience - it's time to trade an old 44 for a new 38! Life is too short to spend it fighting. Break up with her and find someone with as many as possible of the same likes as you. If you can't do things together you will end up drifting apart and break up later anyway.

Yeah, good luck with that. I sure wish that some people could let others enjoy their pastimes without puking up all of their mental baggage. It's like, hey man it's what I like to do in my free time. I don't get on your ass when you do your thing, don't get on mine when I do mine! :angry2:

Luckily, my wife would prefer me shooting. Yeah, good luck with that.

I tell her its cheaper than a shrink.

We have been together for 5 years and it just gets worse every year. I told her last night that I really dont care what she does any more.

Her responce was that I spend so much time reading and looking at one certan thing that Im conpuslive. Well not true as being an EOD tech from the Navy I like to think of it as well educated and well informed on the subject at hand.

Today is my 25th Wedding Anniversary... My wife has never truly understood shooting and why we take so much time and spend so much money on it... For a while I had to get stuff delivered to my work so that she would not see it... She is not anti-gun, she just wants equal time (which is hard to do during shooting season). I think that is part of why we have been happily married so long, she has her hobbies and I have mine... :D

Today is my 25th Wedding Anniversary... My wife has never truly understood shooting and why we take so much time and spend so much money on it... For a while I had to get stuff delivered to my work so that she would not see it... She is not anti-gun, she just wants equal time (which is hard to do during shooting season). I think that is part of why we have been happily married so long, she has her hobbies and I have mine... :D

I tell her to get a hobby. Ive had friends that have extended the olive branch and she blows them off.

I am a very outgoing person I dont sit around and let the world pass buy I hitch a ride on the bumper. The way I see it its like a VW bug trying to pull an anchor from an aircraft carrier.

One thing that was said to me as a young man by an older rleative and I share with everyone who can use this bit of advice as I have found it to be true..

The decision of who you live with and marry is a very important one as it will determine 98% of your future happiness,.. you can choose well or choose to live in hell.

:D :D or :sight:

John

Sounds as though this woman has more problems than guns and shooting. You might and then might not realize the living hell that you can be legally and financially bound to if you marry this unhappy person. Do you want to be looking over your shoulder and wondering when she will, and she will at some point, want to end the marriage and walk away with a portion of your hard earned money and business. Kick her to the curb and get on with the life that pleases you.

Pat

Sounds as though this woman has more problems than guns and shooting. You might and then might not realize the living hell that you can be legally and financially bound to if you marry this unhappy person. Do you want to be looking over your shoulder and wondering when she will, and she will at some point, want to end the marriage and walk away with a portion of your hard earned money and business. Kick her to the curb and get on with the life that pleases you.

Pat

Reasion #334 that I will never get married.That is another thing that pisses her off I will not marry her. I refuse, it would be such a cold day in hell it would be the ice age again.

Pat

Reasion #334 that I will never get married.That is another thing that pisses her off I will not marry her. I refuse, it would be such a cold day in hell it would be the ice age again.

Make SURE you understand your states statues on common law marriage

Pat

Make SURE you understand your states statues on common law marriage

Yes, here its 7 years. I so badly want to say this

Me: See that curb out there.

Her: yes

Me: Its a nice curb. All formed and nice.

Her: Yes

Me: Do you like it?

Her: I guess.

Me: Good. Your on it.

I guess I have it made. I have 1/2 a day in the year I can't do what I want and that is xmas morning. I never hear a word about hunting , shooting or working the dogs. However I am never in the taverns and spend the rest of my time at home or work.

You will never be happy in the state your in. Cut and Run!!

Mildot