Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LiveShots @ USPSA Nationals

BritinUSA

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The files from the US-IPSC Nationals are the same as the USPSA LPR Nationals. See the graphic below, the codec etc. is the same:

post-293-0-62921800-1350350268_thumb.png

Is anyone on Windows able to get this to work ?

I'm using the same software to record the video...

I was able to view them last night but not tonight...sound only no picture as the others have stated previously......odd, I wonder what happened from 11pm last night till now..

Thanks much for the vids. I very much appreciate it.

Regarding the playback, all i can say is that i'm on a MacBook Pro and i'm able to see and hear everything just fine. Occasionally a vid will load in the same window w/o your site framed in the bkgd but that is rare.

No computer guru am i. wacko.gif

Al

The files from the US-IPSC Nationals are the same as the USPSA LPR Nationals. See the graphic below, the codec etc. is the same:

post-293-0-62921800-1350350268_thumb.png

Is anyone on Windows able to get this to work ?

I'm using the same software to record the video...

I just tried those very two videos... the one from the IPSC nats works fine, but the other is still white-screen audio-only.

Update: I was able to download the USPSA Athena Lee video (yay Athena!) to my hard drive and it does play in Windows Media Player. So it might be something with the web site and MIME-type or some other wierdness as all the browsers I've tried (Firefox and IE) refuse to show the video.

No matter what way I try Quicktime will not play them correctly, in the browsers I get a white background with audio and stand alone in Quicktime it is a black background but they will play fine using VLC media player.

Brian

Found this which seems to explain it... these videos are in H264 format.

If you can hear the sound but only see a white or gray screen, Quicktime is missing some software it needs to play the file. Usually it is missing the video decompressor part of the codec. This means you don’t have a compatible codec. Most Codecs can decompress audio, which is why you can hear the sound.

This problem can also happen if the movie was encoded with QuickTime 7 using the H264 codec. Older versions of QuickTime cannot play these videos. Upgrade to the latest version of Quicktime. If that doesn’t work, try a different video player to see if it can play the movie.

I think its possible to tell your browse to play .mov files in Window Media Player, has anyone tried that ?

For people using firefox, get yourself a copy of 'DownThemAll' as it can snag a whole page full of links at once.

I tried downgrading Quicktime to version 7.6. That works, but Secunia reports it has a security bug such that "a hacker can gain full control of your computer".

Back to downloading.

Thanks for all the great videos. Just curious, why no Super Squad?

The back to back handgun nationals is the only match where i focus exclusively in the womens Super Squad. Unfortunately this year the squads were eliminated so i had to split my time up trying to cover as many of the top women as possible. USPSA typically covers the mens match.

In the future i hope to have some help for LiveShots so we can get video of both men and women super squads.

This is my 4th year covering our top women shooters.