Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDS is a man's gun.

reloader901

Shot a revolver neutral Bianchi type match recentl with my XDS. Didn't do well, but I've been out of shooting for 15 years. On the last stage I pulled out my Gold Cup and shot reasonably well.... The large frame gun is so much easier to shoot. But, the XDS is great!

I've come to believe an 1911 is a "girly man's" gun, and an XDS is a real man's gun :-)

Flame away......

I carry a XDS everyday, but it's not my favorite gun to shoot. With 230gr Winchester PDX1's, you know when you pull the trigger. Gives you that kinda stingy feeling in your hands after about 20 rounds. Much rather shoot a fullsize XDM or my 9mm Trojan. That feels like a cap gun compared to the XDS!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i am sure it is a fine weapon. However, you get something that light and slim shooting a .45 cartridge and I cant see you plinking all day thats for sure.

My experience just today was with a Kahr .45. The recoil was negligible. I shot my government right next to it. Not a lot of difference.

I want one very badly but dont have the extra coin at the moment and Im weaning myself from CC's. Been reading about them for quite a while over at the XD forums and will probably grab Alabama Holster kydex for front pocket carry. I have tried one in a front pocket of cargo style pants and it seems fine. Im not sure that it wouldnt be a bit bulgy in jeans but its not a whole lot bigger than an Iphone with a mophie case so people may just consider it a phone. Definate upgrade from a Keltec 380.

The wife doesnt know it yet but I see a cut of the tax refund going this way :goof:

• 4 weeks later...

I broke down and bought one of these last week. Just picked it up today. I have not shot it yet but love the size of it. The Alabama Holster kydex is on order and due any day. I take it as a good omen the guy behind the counter had one one his hip at the FFl I had it shiped to! I ordered it from a site I found thru SlickGuns. $550 plus $21 shipping. Considering current pricing I dont think it was too bad. A month ago they were available for about $510-$525. Came with two mags and I think Im going to grab a Pierce finger extension but this is still a pocket pistol only so we shall see how that part works.

• 2 months later...

And of course there is the double barreled 1911 for infants who have yet to learn to make every shot count.

ohmy.gif

I Want It!

I wonder what front sight you keep your eye on...

NSFA !! I warn you, do not watch this other video if you have any 45 ACP 1911 love inside your heart. It features extra slow motion and music

designed to subvert your conscientiousness . Something might break inside of you and

you will find yourself as I am now, muttering in the corner 'My Precious, My Precious'

Unfulfilled and yearning for something only seen from afar.

That weapon is awakening my inner child. I want one for not obvious good reason other than it is something I now want and must have.

Waa, Waa, waa, until I find one.

As to the front sight, that's the point I think. WHO NEEDS ONE> POINT AND SHOOT.

This gun screams out for use by those who like to point fearsome weapons and say things like:

'Go ahead, make my day"

"You talkin' to me?"

"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

"Say 'hello' to my little friend!"

"Here's Johnny!"

"Hasta la vista, baby."

"Here's looking at you, kid."

I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!" **

**Of course with one pull of the trigger.

Now to try and make some effort to get back on topic.

I have XDS 45 for a few months now. Love it. Now I want Springfield to make the XDSx2 . Compact back up gun to match that one from Arsenal Arms.

Yah, that's the ticket!