Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My cleats discontinued

DrawandDuck

Been wearing Nike Land Shark Mid Legacy for 4 years now, went to Academy to pick up a new pair and was told they were discontinued....searched the internet and can't find them anywhere. They still make land shark's but not the Legacy which is VERY WIDE and comfortable......now I have to deal with finding a new brand of cleats... :angry2::angry2::angry2:

The Salomon Speedcross 3s aren't cheap, but they are VERY comfortable & lightweight, so performance-wise they outshine the Nike Landsharks by a mile. I know, cause I used to wear Landsharks, and by the end of a match my feet used to hurt so bad ....... the Salomons are sooo comfortable I actually like wearing them home in the car! :)

salomon-shoes.jpg

The Salomon Speedcross 3s aren't cheap, but they are VERY comfortable & lightweight, so performance-wise they outshine the Nike Landsharks by a mile. I know, cause I used to wear Landsharks, and by the end of a match my feet used to hurt so bad ....... the Salomons are sooo comfortable I actually like wearing them home in the car! :)

salomon-shoes.jpg

Exactly.....best shooting shoes I've EVER worn. Waisted a lot of money finding them too :eatdrink:

Been wearing Nike Land Shark Mid Legacy for 4 years now, went to Academy to pick up a new pair and was told they were discontinued....searched the internet and can't find them anywhere. They still make land shark's but not the Legacy which is VERY WIDE and comfortable......now I have to deal with finding a new brand of cleats... :angry2::angry2::angry2:

Are you saying the land sharks in the wide width arnt available anymore?...that sucks

Tried the Solomons and had to send them back as they were too narrow....the LS Legacy wide was like a triple E. Below are some pics of the NEW land sharks vs the old land shark legacy....you can see how much wider the old ones are, side treads are basically gone and overall not as much sole in contact with the ground. Paid $38 for the last pair and spent $20 on gel inserts and I can wear them all day on the range with no issues....Went to 2 Academy's today and not ONE wide model of cleat (in any brand) in stock.....been happy with this model for 4 years now the hunt begins to find new ones that I like.

post-6763-0-86381400-1348711554_thumb.jp

post-6763-0-44868500-1348711569_thumb.jp

post-6763-0-60607700-1348711585_thumb.jp

post-6763-0-87259400-1348711599_thumb.jp

post-6763-0-21481000-1348711631_thumb.jp

Edited by DrawandDuck

Yeah seems no one makes a wide width and I pisses me off! I'd have some Solomon Speedcross 3s if they made them fat foot friendly! :/

Not quite as much cleat as a foot ball cleat but good comparison against the Speedcross 3 is the New Balance MT110.

I ended up getting the Adidas trail running cleared shoe but had to go up almost a full size

• 4 months later...

Lucked up and found a new pair on e-bay, just received them today.........all is right at the moment :D

Keep looking and buy another pair now! I have a size 15, and about the only cleat that I like is the Adidas Turf Hog, which ironically only fits me in a 16 ( Adidias tend to run small for me). Anyway, the point is, buy another pair, put them in the closet so you don't have to go through this again for a while. I've got two new pair of Turf Hogs in the closet for that exact reason!

Lucked up and found a new pair on e-bay, just received them today.........all is right at the moment :D

Keep looking and buy another pair now! I have a size 15, and about the only cleat that I like is the Adidas Turf Hog, which ironically only fits me in a 16 ( Adidias tend to run small for me). Anyway, the point is, buy another pair, put them in the closet so you don't have to go through this again for a while. I've got two new pair of Turf Hogs in the closet for that exact reason!

Same company put some more up for sale.....got a size 11, 11.5 and 12 on the way......4 pair should last me for another 4 years