Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

uhh, what's a vegemite?

It's this crap the Aussie's like to put on bread with TOOOOOOOONNNNNS of butter in order to make it taste half way good. All you need to know is that it tastes bad, but is a staple down under.

Vince!! I thought you were a "cucumber cut into trianges with no crust" type person.

Ditto. ;)

Awful lot of yuppy sandwich eaters (foccicia bread, cheese on pastrami, etc.) around here.

Togo's # 8 w/ mustard and MIRACLE WHIP (TANGY ZIP, TANGY ZIP, TANGY ZIP). All the greens except for tomatoes and peppers (that crap will kill you) and a shot of black pepper.

or

(For the northern California folks) Nugget Market - Chicken salad on a wheat roll, with dijon mustard, pepper jack, mixed greens (includes arugola (sp), sprouts and black pepper.

It is the bizzle...yo!

Rich

When you feelin' hungry

Ain't got nothin'to eat

Show me to the kitchen

Peanut butter-can't be beat-Dance!!!

Dancing to the music

Feelin' fancy free

Spread it with some jelly

Peanut butter-beats eatin' meat-Dance!!!

Share, share with me (tonight) Peanut Butter

Ain't nothin' but a sammich-you see

Share, share with me (tonight) Peanut Butter

Ain't nothing but a sammich-you'll see

Twennynine

I personal favourite is:

Game fillet from last nights braai (that a BBQ for the guys in the rest of the world... :P ) on a fresh real German brötchen (the best kind of bun you get... :D ), fresh letuce, tomato, onions, shot of Tabasco, freshly ground black pepper, salt to taste and a dash of my home mixed mayo/tomato sauce/chutney - sauce

To shoots I take snacks and have a good breakfast 2 hours before....

I am from the south west so i eat more burritos than sandwichs,My fav is smoked brisket green chilie & mayo Rolled in a super sized flour torttila :P .Damn still 2 hours till lunch.

Steve

If you like burritos you need to try the Chimichanga. This is basically a deep fried burrito. :wub:

PB&J and Tuna, PB & Mustard (T-PB&M)...staples!

One of my brothers has always had this wierd view that if you like this food, and you like that food, if you put them together they should be even better (synergy, sum greater than the parts, etc.). So one day he gets me to try a Peanut Butter and Dill Pickle sandwich. All stereotypical jokes regarding pregnant women and cravings aside, it was actually very tasty.

I draw the line at spaghetti-and-oatmeal omelets.

The best sandwiches in the world are in a joint in Scottsdale, not too far from Dillon toward PHX. They're absolutely HUGE. I wish I could remember the name of it... If I remember the story, the owners are from the east coast, so no west coast sissy sandwiches get served. (Brian, got a clue?)

Go get a pastrami sandwich. $8 and it has what looks like a pound of meat in it.

Phoenix/Scottsdale might actually rival Chicago for good eats.

Baja Fresh is my favorite place to eat. Give me a Dos Manos and a giant soda so I can die happy. Of course, there are no Baja's to be found here in Hell's Half Acre.

The best sandwiches in the world are in a joint in Scottsdale, not too far from Dillon toward PHX. They're absolutely HUGE. I wish I could remember the name of it... If I remember the story, the owners are from the east coast, so no west coast sissy sandwiches get served. (Brian, got a clue?)

Go get a pastrami sandwich. $8 and it has what looks like a pound of meat in it.

Phoenix/Scottsdale might actually rival Chicago for good eats.

Baja Fresh is my favorite place to eat. Give me a Dos Manos and a giant soda so I can die happy. Of course, there are no Baja's to be found here in Hell's Half Acre.

That wouldn't be Jason's Deli would it?

-ld

It might. If they serve a Rueben big enough to choke a horse, that's the one. Wish I could still remember the street names. If I drove around enough, I'd zero in on it.

It might. If they serve a Rueben big enough to choke a horse, that's the one. Wish I could still remember the street names. If I drove around enough, I'd zero in on it.

That could be them. Jason's sandwiches are almost too big. Very good but BIG.

-ld