Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide racker ?

Rick88

I have always put my side racker on the left,but I see some people with theirs on the right. And most arent using a single side mount and are right handed so my question is what side is yours on and why do you prefer it that way. Thanks

Edited by Rick88

Mine is on the left.

Having it on the right doesn't require you to remove the racker for slide removal.

...... assuming you have a 1-sided scope mount ..... which I don't, so it wouldn't help / make one bit of difference to me.

Edited by Chris Keen

Side mount for the C-more and my slide racker is on the left side. Being right handed-Table starts allow the gun to be accessed quicker. Jams and unloaded starts are also faster with the left side racker.

I presume a left handed shooter would like the racker on the right side.

Is the ball detent mod a ball & spring or a set-screw containing ball & spring? Is it placed under the racker with the ball pushing up or does it come in from the front or back of the racker dovetail?

Oh... I'm a righty & mines on the left.

I have mine on the left side. It feels more natural for me, than flipping/tilting the gun to its side as when the racker is on the right side. It keeps my gun pointing consistently as when changing mags. Like everything else, it's personal preference, how it feels to the shooter, and practice makes perfect.

I shoot right-handed because I'm right-eye dominant, (I'm actually a southpaw.) I tried the slide-racker on the left thinking it would be easier to manipulate in ha hurry, but since I shoot a LOT of Steel Challenge I've found that having it on the right is better for me, since it's one less thing to "catch" on a belt or something during a draw. As for being faster to manipulate on the left, I don't really notice the difference.

Oh yeah, I have a ball detent too, and I have two different slide-rackers that I can use. I've just installed the right-sided one and screwed-down the detent so it doesn't come off. Just easier for me that way.

Edited by Parallax3D

Gary Natale at Gans Guns did mine. Really quick turnaround and great work. I love working with Gary, he constantly updates you and is work is outstanding. Turnaround for the ball detent was less than a week

How much?

$50. All of his prices are exactly what he quotes online

http://www.gansguns.com/PriceList.html

I think he got it on Monday and it was back in my hands on Thursday

I'm a novice when it comes to Open hardware so would someone tell me the purpose of the ball?

So its easy to take off the racker when you need it... Like when you about to clean you gun

Yeah, it just pulls right off without any tools or worrying about it working loose. It has to come off for disassembly when mounted on the left of the gun or it will hit the scope mount.

The left side is the proper side for right-handed shooters.

That being said, I'm right-handed and myne is on the right side because it will not clear the horizontal mount on the left, I like to disassemble the gun without removing the racker, and I swear it helps the gun balance better during the recoil cycle wih the horizontal mount on the left.

That being said, I also feel it adds to muzzle flip and don't like slide rackers . . . even though I now use one because my gun is a beast to rack with my current scope mount, thumb shield, and polished slide combination.