Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your fav Lube?

Sleepswithdogs

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slip 2000's EWL for my AR's and AK, Gun Butter for my handguns. No good reason why I use a different lube for my handguns, it's just something I've been using for years. But Frog Lube has me interested. Going to wait till I use up my EWL and Gun Butter and just consolidate to one lube. Both EWL and Gun Butter stays on well but I do clean my handguns more frequently than my AR's.

Another Frog Lube addict. Love the stuff. Takes less time to clean my weapons, they stay lubed even under heavy round count courses and dust (Hello Ironman). I'm in the process of completing the change over on all my guns. You won't be dissapointed.

Gordon

Another Frog Lube addict. Love the stuff. Takes less time to clean my weapons, they stay lubed even under heavy round count courses and dust (Hello Ironman). I'm in the process of completing the change over on all my guns. You won't be dissapointed.

Gordon

Have you heard of Seal-1? I think it's related to Frog Lube,

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

Synthetic motor oil (yeah, I use that one very popular brand) to lube all my guns, ATF for cleaning. The only gun I don't run pretty wet is my Glock. I also disassemble/clean/lube all mags, careful to just put a light coating of oil on the mag springs and sides of followers, keeping feed lips dry to avoid inertia feeds. I seem to have far fewer malfs than I read about other people having.

There's a plethora of good products these days and I think I've tried most of them. Different applications require different products.

Lately I've been liking Ballistol for a CLP type product. It does seem to do what they claim and is great for corrosion. For better cleaning I mix it with Hoppes #9. I'm going to try and mix it with Hoppes Elite solvent next time around. That may just be the ultimate non-toxic cleaner.

Brian's Slide Glide does what it says. It stays put so well next time I break my M1A down I might just use that instead of my $12 per tube Amsoil grease. The Slide Glide was still in the rails and more importantly still had a coating on the wear spots on my limited gun two months and several thousand rounds later. No other grease has done that.

For corrosion I like Eezox but it's a pain to use properly. Leave too much on and it's a sticky mess. Ballistol is just as good for corrosion anyway and much easier to just touch up, plus I'm not sold on Eezox as a lube and I don't think Midway carries it anymore.

Frog Lube has me intrigued and I may try it out on the AR and a revolver. I've checked it out and the liquid version is polyalpha olephin which is synthetic motor oil base stock. I've been using motor oil or Ballistol on my AR, whichever is handy at that moment. If I don't like the frog lube I can always oil my Dillon 650 ram with it. The wife hates the smell of oil and utterly detests the smell of Ballistol when I clean my guns. But then she doesn't like Hoppes #9's smell either... :wacko:

Edited by Shadowrider

Whatever I got at the last match (usually Brownell's). Although, I haven't gotten a Frog Lube tester in a match bag yet (not so subtle hint there somewhere). Will be at Rockcastle Pro/Am!

I use Mobil 1 Synthetic 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy oil. I figure if it reduces friction enough to help a damn Prius get better mileage it must help in my low RPM firearms. Of course, I have been wrong before :cheers: