Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet feeders?

Just got a new model Mr Bulletfeeder myself. It's like high speed internet. I don't know how I lived without it.

I have never even seen a Hornady feeder so I can't comment other than what has been written on here. I think one thing about it is that it runs constantly because it does not have a microswitch to shut it off when the bullet drop is full? But to be honest my 650 is so fast now with the MBF that it never shuts off either. cheers.gif

I think the MBF is probably the better choice. You can do a search here and read plenty about the pros and cons of the various bullet feeders.

Always the contrarian, I got the RCBS for an amazingly low price. The die is lacking so I switched it our for the Hornady die. The plastic feed tube on the RCBS doesn't fit into the Hornady die. Since the height of the RCBS is adjustable, I took out the plastic feed tube, lowered the collator, and run the feed spring directly into the die. Works great!

ETA I also painted it blue to match my 650.

Edited by michael b.

100 in 4 min lol any powder left in the shells after that thrash........?

There's actually a video on YouTube loading 100 rounds on a 1050 with Bullet feeder under 4 minutes at a normal pace.

Edited by norbs007

Got mine Tuesday and will install it this weekend... stoked!

What is this "will install it this weekend" crap?!?!

In my house, everyone knows "If the UPS guys shows up, say good-bye to Bruce for the evening"....

In my life, there are few opportunities for instant gratification. "New gun stuff" is one of those opportunities.

Got mine Tuesday and will install it this weekend... stoked!

What is this "will install it this weekend" crap?!?!

In my house, everyone knows "If the UPS guys shows up, say good-bye to Bruce for the evening"....

In my life, there are few opportunities for instant gratification. "New gun stuff" is one of those opportunities.

Haha! I hear you... and it's the same here 100% Just finished mounting the presses on a new reloading table, started mounting the bullet feeder last night and should be humming tonight! cheers.gif

I will second the benefit of the MBF. Just put the "new" version on my 9mm 1050, and don't know how I lived without it. So far fed MG 147, Berrys 147, Speer 124's, 6000 total, without having to change any settings. Can't wait till the rifle version comes out, and 4min/100 is not really flogging it with a RF100.

• 1 month later...

I've got a Mr Bullit Feeder and I love it.

However, mine is an older one just before the Double Alpha, and looks the same but different from the new Double Alpha Mr. Bullit Feeder. Does anyone know if the new DA conversion kits will work with the model of Mr BF that proceeded the DA? I would like to add a .38/9mm conversion to my .40/10mm Mr. BF. I just don't know if the new collator plate will fit the older collator.

Got my Mr Bullit Feeder last week and set it up Saturday. I have it on a 1050 and it is unbelievabl how much difference it makes. I will never load again without one. Seriously considering the purchase of another one for my 650.