Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

flaming comp action

ErikW

erik_flame.jpg

erik, put this on the brains web page for open gun comp.

maybe they will see how it works, FLAT.

all you need is a high speed cam and off you go.

this was james at the last richmond match

thanks, john r

I think the James in question is forum member ong45 and this is his Limcat foo-foo gun.

That is one spectacular fireball. I know a few people who shoot with this much fire every time, but it is disconcerting to me so I try to avoid it.

I have noticed that VV 3n37 and N350 give a rather bright flash when the temperature is below 50 and now I know that 3n38 can also.

It's interesting that some slower powders, even VV N105 don't do this. I was once told that this is a characteristic of a barrel that is getting shot out, but I don't know.

It's interesting that some slower powders, even VV N105 don't do this.

I don't know for .38" SA in 5" barrels, but you should see my Taurus 7-shot .357" M ported snubby at work with 17.5 grs of VV N110... :D

Maybe if I can gather some un-scared buddy near me shooting, I'll be able to post a pic or two... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Boy, now I am REALLY glad I found some 3n-38, I have not been able to generate any sort of fireball at all out of my gun and I want to just for the sake of doing it. The winter indoor season will be a lot more fun with fireballs like that!!!

I get NO fire with 3n-37 and JHP bullets in my 5" 9mm, no ports either. I have never shot it in the dark but I don't even get a fuzz of fire in the corner of the DIM indoor range. Blazer aluminum case is as exciting as the light show gets for me, big orange sparks fly out but that is it.