• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim,

Does this mean we can't be friends? :unsure:

Your hat is not on one side or the other,,

We are good to go!! :cheers:

Global warming!! I now believe.

That is funny! I’m laughing and my wife thinks I’ve lost my mind!

Maybe she is right!

Wow this seems to be a long forgotten thread..

I am an old cowboy type guy ...but this is what I think <_<

Around here I see low life gang members with hat on backwards...or sideways..baggy pants gold chains...flashing little monkey signs with fingers.

You know these guys...the ones that murder people...sell dope to our kids..rip off our homes or our cars...blare rap music from their cars!

I for one will not mimic them in any form...hats..dress ...music..ect

It also bothers me that so many people do mimic them in dress...ect

Grumpy old jim :angry2:

Let's see....

"monkey signs" - Don't know if there was racial slur intent there, but sounds like it and frankly, to me, no different than other 'organizations' that bark or grunt or say inane things like HOOAH to one another.

So ALL people that wear their hat backwards, sideways and have baggy pants w/ gold chains murder people, sell drugs, commit robbery and blare rap music. Hmmm....I guess Charles Manson and other serial killers were a fan of 50 Cent. Wait...no. I guess the various cartel members and trafficers are into hand gestures. Hmm...Nope. I guess if the sellers had no buyers (your kids) then the problem would still be there. Yeah...no. And no one with cords, cackies or 501's has ever committed robbery. Oh wait yeah they have.

And only these type of people blare music from their vehicles....oh....nope.

Last time I checked for the ol' timers, you had your day of long hair, wild clothes and symbols. I think the preference was for bell bottom jeans, tie dyed clothes and peace symbols everywhere, doing drugs like LSD, marijuana and acid as well as blasting the "tunes" of KISS, Foghat and The Nuge. Hmmm....yeah there was more than a little of that in the 60's. But that couldn't have been in the ol' days could it...'cause they did everything right compared to today's youth. Or are today's youth a product of 'the old days'?

Food for thought. Let's worry about other things.

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

they don't make 'em like they used to...

....and they NEVER did!

I remember my father telling me about the old men sitting arond a barrel playing checkers at the general store in the town near where he was raised in Virgina complaining about the young'ens these days and how they wondered what the world.

Those young'ens fought WWII and Korea as well as discovering a multitude of drugs that cured diseases, they put a man on the moon and raised us. (all the while wondering what this world was coming to and how the young'ens.....)

Jim

People that wear their ball caps backwards or sideways are just doing what comes natural. They learned those positions from holding onto the bars in their cells and pulling up to see outside. With the bill to the front the bars kept knocking the cap off.

Well I am a grumpy old guy..and I do hate the criminal gangs around here..and could list pages of the attrocities they have commited!!

I admit to a poor choice of words...I guess it can be taken for something that it was not intended to be.( I will edit it)

Beg pardon if I stepped on your toes

Jim

(sorry, this is too funny to me) :D:lol::P

Any shooter that wears their hat backwards is clearly showboating.

Except for going prone, there is no competitive reason to wear the hat backwards.

And, it should be apparent that having a hat on backwards does nothing to prevent a piece of hot brass from landing above the shooting glasses...falling behind said shooting glasses...then burning a hole through the eye-ball as it travels directly to the brain.

Best post you have made in a while.... :lol:

I think we should be allowed to wear whatever we want, how we want it... but we should learn to take the verbal abuse that comes with it. :rolleyes:

If you want to wear a kilt/skirt then go for it, just wear some underwear underneath (just in case). If you want to wear a hat ass-backwards then that's your choice, just don't come screaming for help when a brass case hits you on the nose. And if you want to wear speedo's, lycra shorts or daisy-dukes then just make sure you use lots of sun-block and maybe shave your legs first.

Laughing at those that are different from us is what separates us from the animals :closedeyes:

TL,

I never would have guessed how you feel about this subject. ;):P

Jake

Guess that means you are more intuitive than I thought.... :P

You can wear your hat anyway you want to.....I don't care long as I don't have to look at it.... :D

again, I'll be the one in pink fuzzy overalls and a football helmet, with a matching pink digi-camo t-shirt. enjoy your kilts!

I voted for wear your hat the way you want, but let the RO explain to you the dangers of shooting w your hat backwards. as far as the whole tilted or sideways thing goes, maybe these guys are using IPSC to train for the streets;complete w the gangsta lean....

I personally would rather see a hat backwards than a guy wearing a kilt on the COF. especially if he's carrying a gun instead of bagpipes or liquor. And yes, PLEASE wear underwear! not that I want to see your skiivies either, unless of course you are an attractive well shaven/waxed female :surprise: