Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ipsc shooter fights back

I second what Patrick said, I met Jim and Cathy at Second Chance. Good guy, good competitor, I hope he comes out in the aftermath OK. Some people can deal with the PTSD, some cant......If he was at work the next day I am sure he will be OK! But doesnt competing hinder you when you try to defend yourself..... :rolleyes: Just a joke, guys...... :ph34r: I have already been there and done that, you get used to the replay after awhile. DougC

Actually the bad guy is lucky Kathy didn't have a gun also. I have shot with both Jim and Kathy numerous times and they both can hold their own. Glad they and the customers are OK.

Place Name  No. Class Division Points Penalties Time Hit Factor Stage Pts Stage %

1 James S. 1 B Limited 6 0 1.97 3.0456 10.0000 100.00%

DNF Cody H. 2 U Shotgun 0 0 0 0.0000 0.0000 0.00%

Edited by Flexmoney

Okay, I've told this story before, but I still love it - and this seems an appropriate place to repeat it. About 10 years ago I interviewed Danny Morris, a retired Marine Corps Master Gunnery Sergeant who did two tours of duty in Korea and three tours in Vietnam. At the age of 59, Danny's working in a gun shop when an honest to God certified psychopath armed with a Davis .32 comes in and gets involved in a gunfight with an armed and uniformed cop, a friend of Danny's, inside the shop. When the cop's gun choked at the "moment of truth," Danny drew his concealed carry gun, a Colt Stainless Steel Delta Elite Gold Cup 10mm loaded with full-power big bore Magnum level PMC 170-gr. JHPs, swiftly shot the bad guy three times in the center of the chest and solved the problem. I've seen the autopsy photos - beautiful group, looked like a little triangle.

C class IPSC shooter.

When I asked Danny if he though his IPSC match experience (he fired at least one match every weekend) helped him in this shootout, you know what he said? "Compared to the stuff I do every weekend, this was a very simple shooting problem."

Actually wrote that up in one of the Handguns Annuals under the title "10mm Gunfight."

My only "issue" with the shooter is his tendency to conserve ammo. Need to get him working on the Bill Drills....

===============================================

On a more serious note, if that guy gets one ounce of sh*t from the legal system, I'll be all too happy to contribute to his legal defense fund.

I don't know him, but I've seen him and his wife at several matches. He's a B class shooter.

A "B" class shooter, and he didn't get a single Alfa hit, Sandbagger! :D

I guess it was the high pucker factor of the stage!

It was probably a mover/swimger.

Ammo conservation was a good stage tactic, as it was a surprise course of fire. He didn't know how many targets would appear in the stage. And maybe he was shooting Limited 10 with a $60 post-ban, neutered-capacity magazine.

Notice that nobody asked whether he did a Tactical Reload or a Reload With Retention.

Wonder if he's ever gonna see that STI again? Prognosis: BLEAK.

Phil

We're in Indiana, but it is Lake Co.

Anywhere else in the state, and he'd probably already have it back. Up there, it will probably take some time, but he'll probably get it back.

shopgun,

Sorry about that. I just don't trust some of the prosecutors. I've been sitting on Grand Jury duty for the past few weeks. It can be suprising what a few will try to push thru...with little supporting it. And, it is suprising how quickly the GJ will vote right along with the DA.

I'd like to hear more about the story...but I don't think this is the place for it yet.

I'll go ahead and close this thread.

Again. Sorry to do it. Just want to make sure the smoke clears first.

(Everyone, feel free to PM and email your support directly to shopgun)