Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Italian Firearms Group, new website.....

They even have a Stock III featured. Too bad they felt compelled to put the stupid looking "Tanfoglio" in cursive on the guns. I hate cursive on guns, unless you are rocking an engraved over and under or a double rifle. Probably the same genius that thought of the "Witness"name.

http://ifg.boldwater.com/tanfoglio/

Edited by pivoproseem

Just a pet peeve of mine, the kimber logo is the most sissified looking crap ever. I have an art background, and font styles are something I pay attention to. STI pistols look like crap, too, as far as their fonts on pistols, not to mention the MASSIVE SIZE of the billboard on the side. It's just dumb to add something like that since it has to cost more to do that especially for US bound pistols. I'm wondering how much more expensive they are going to try to price everything. It seems there are not many Stock 2s or Limited model out there for sale. I was about to sell my Limited, but may hold off to see what the new models are selling for....

OMG the Longslide in all calibers!!! BOOOIIINNNG !!

Jeez pivoproseem, don't you know that cursive is super classy?? ;)

IFG and EAA have the same address. I hope that EAA improves their customer service practices. I have dealt with them in the past and it was pretty bad.

Z

+1. I'd be worried if this is just EAA with a new face.

Last time I was on the phone with EAA, they said "that will be on our new Italian Firearms Group website soon."

Definitely not holding my breath on this one.

It's not EAA with a new face. IFG is in the same building as EAA at the moment, but will be branching out soon. The gentleman I spoke with at IFG is a one man operation at the moment and his focus is going to be semi-custom production firearms with great customer service. He is only going to carry the higher end stuff. EAA is going to continue with the more affordable product lines from what I understand. The gentleman I spoke to on the phone was very nice and seemed to actually care about the product. Guess we will have to wait to know for sure, but I'm optimistic.

Also the guy(Richard I think) also said he has been reading Enos forum and is paying attention to how the community feels about the product line. He was fully aware it will be an up hill battle.

Edited by OperationHitFactor

It's not EAA with a new face. IFG is in the same building as EAA at the moment, but will be branching out soon. The gentleman I spoke with at IFG is a one man operation at the moment and his focus is going to be semi-custom production firearms with great customer service. He is only going to carry the higher end stuff. EAA is going to continue with the more affordable product lines from what I understand. The gentleman I spoke to on the phone was very nice and seemed to actually care about the product. Guess we will have to wait to know for sure, but I'm optimistic.

Also the guy(Richard I think) also said he has been reading Enos forum and is paying attention to how the community feels about the product line. He was fully aware it will be an up hill battle.

That would be good news. I would certainly be interested in company with quality products and good CS.

If he is reading the forum, I hope he sees how much interest there is in SMALL FRAMED Stock IIIs. From the website, it looks like large frames only.

Small frame with a longer barrel, something like Springfield did with the XDM 5.25.

The Stock II's are large frame guns and are available now. As stated elsewhere, with the new mags, they run fine in 9 and others.

The Stock III's are small frame guns; they have to be to fit in the box. We are trying to get Richard to bring in the Stock III Special (see http://www.tanfoglio.it/eng/catalogo/sport-amp-competition/stock-iii-special.html) but it all depends on what we can get imported. Don't look for anything before January 1, 2013 though.

Standby!

Jim

www.shooterready.biz

When I first started shooting I thought I liked small thin grips and frames - I have fairly small hands ( Size 9 ) but I find I have a much better grip with the large frame and also it puts the trigger more at a 1911 distance on my trigger finger. I don't think I'll ever shoot or like small frames again. Just my take.

I found this text from Henning from 2008, helps explain between small frames and large frames.

External dimensions between large and small frame are identical. The "large frame" has a bigger chunk cut out for the magazine that is all. Since EAA have not imported the Stock II, all references you are getting regarding Stock II will as far as I understand, be "small frame". But remember, "small frame" only means it excepts small magazines. Small mags measure 1.250" x 0.800" whereas large frame measures 1.345" x 0.850". I did talk with Massimo and EAA at the last shot show and begged to change and start importing 9mms in small frame (only). If everyone knew that 9mm = small frame things would be easier.

Edited by Glk21C

Small frame in 9mm and sometimes .40 or .22. Large frame for .40 and .38 super/ Super Comp.

Perhaps the greatest tanfoglio shooter of all time (E.G)...prefers the small frame stock2 and stock3 in 9mm.....for Open and standard/limited he prefers the large frame. The mags are different (larger front to back) in the large frames.... and I find the small frame actually are slightly smaller. I have a large frame .40 and .38 super, and two small frame stock 2's in 9mm. I believe Frank Garcia imported 2 small frame 9mm stock2's a few years ago. EVEN if the large frame 9mm work that well now...I would still use the small frame if given the option.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

I found this text from Henning from 2008, helps explain between small frames and large frames.

External dimensions between large and small frame are identical. The "large frame" has a bigger chunk cut out for the magazine that is all. Since EAA have not imported the Stock II, all references you are getting regarding Stock II will as far as I understand, be "small frame". But remember, "small frame" only means it excepts small magazines. Small mags measure 1.250" x 0.800" whereas large frame measures 1.345" x 0.850". I did talk with Massimo and EAA at the last shot show and begged to change and start importing 9mms in small frame (only). If everyone knew that 9mm = small frame things would be easier.

Somehow, that doesn't match up with my experience when I had my old P9 World Cup (small frame) next to a EAA Gold Team in .38 super (large frame). Large frame was noticeably larger.

Edited by mpolans

Having handled both my P9 and Elite Math 38 super yesterday i would agree. The P9 frame is definitely thinner front to back than the current witness frame. I should have measured it.