Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Rule Book

AikiDale

Seen this evening on the USPSA web site:

Handgun Rules Update After a long and frustrating wait the 2004 USPSA Handgun Rule Books have been printed and are in transit to the Sedro-Woolley office. We will update this notice with mailing and implementation dates as that information is available.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should it take until August to get a rule book that is dated January that the rest of the world has had for months.

If I didn't know better I would think that USPSA was working for the Federal Government. Once upon a time (fairy story) the fiscal year started with July but Congress couldn't get its job done on time so now the fiscal year starts with October. And we have continuing resolutions in January to keep paying the Government.

I voted for a change in leadership last time and I guess I'll have to do it again.

The test to re-up our RO or CRO status should be interesting.

i got my cro re-cert test last week. i don't know what to do. red book or new book?

lynn

Well I also got my RO re-cert test in the mail last week and it states to use the new rules posted on the web site. Read the RO test, it should say.

As for implementation, I understand it will be pretty quick once the books are mailed. Like one month.... Get reading. :ph34r:

The test to re-up our RO or CRO status should be interesting.

i got my cro re-cert test last week. i don't know what to do. red book or new book?

lynn

Well I also got my RO re-cert test in the mail last week and it states to use the new rules posted on the web site. Read the RO test, it should say.

As for implementation, I understand it will be pretty quick once the books are mailed. Like one month.... Get reading. :ph34r:

yup! it states on the exam

"use the january 2004 edition rule book for reference."

lynn

Has a determination been made what rule book will be used at the Nationals in Barry?

The BOD resolution says that the new rules will be in effect no earlier than 15 days or later than 30 days from the date the membership receives them. As they are still in transit (shipping) from Malaysia or somewhere, it's my best guess that the USPSA Pistol Nationals will run under the old, RED, book. But, it's just a guess at this point. Of course, I'm in favor of running under the old rules, since most everybody, staff and competitors alike, are familiar with them.

Troy

My vote is to just have the new rules take affect this coming January 1st.  Makes it easy for everybody to keep up with.  It's only 5 months away too.

Good point.

I'm in.

I'll give that a third! However I'm sure the powers that be have decided what they want.

I want the new rules to go into effect ASAP. They are better. And they prevent evil a-hole course designers from doing that appears-twice-you-get-the-miss crap with disappearing targets.

I agree Erik, there are some good changes in the new rules. There are also some changes that I would have voted against given the chance. On the whole however, the new rules bring the US and the rest of the world a little closer together and I still think that is a good thing. :ph34r:

Get reading folks. As Troy stated, they will BE in effect 15-30 days from the time the hard copy reaches you. The BOD will anounce a final implementation date once the books get distributed.

hahah jeeper you punk!! <_< i dont cheat... knowingly -_-

and i like the smiley

i'm in for the january 05 release too, but I've heard they've been pushing for it before nationals? either way I think Nationals might end up being one of the first major matches to use the new rule book?

how soon are we expecting to get them in our hands? 2-3 wks?

I think you guys are all missing a very important question: "What will be the colour of the cover of the new rulebook?" ;)

I've got $10 that says it's GREEN.

And, no, I haven't checked with Mike Voigt or John Amidon ........ that would be unsportsmanlike!

POSTCRIPT: I've got another $50 for the person who can get me the best "paparazzi" photo of the Range Master at the USPSA Handgun Nationals, whoever that person might happen to be. And, damn, I really wish I knew who it was ... :ph34r: