Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What have you found that controls mosquotoes

I think the biggest key is territory, If your trying to move into an area that the Bugs already have your most likely not going to win. Take over the are early dump out any standing water , cut down weeds , and open up to the wind.

I use a propane heated fog available at home Depot you like the thing up and it vaporizes the fluid. I smoke/spray it eary when they are are still in the grass.

Any repellent that contains 40% Deet, such as Repel Sportsman MAX. Apply to face by spraying on hand and rubbing on the face. Clothes can be pre- treated. I like to pre-treat the top of my socks too . . . this prevents Chiggers ;)

Edited by Reshoot

There is a DIY Pest Control place near me. They sell professional grade exterminating products. I bought something called Bifen I/T which gets mixed in a garden sprayer. After spraying the yard and under porches, etc it has made a big difference in reducing mosquitos around my house. It was less than $35 and looks like it will last me through next year.

There are sprays that contain Permethrin that can be sprayed on your clothing and allowed to dry before you put them on. Spray the inside and outside of the legs, sleeves, collar, etc.

Spray exposed areas with Deet.

Hold your breath - they are attracted to the CO2 in your breath.

A giant baggie.

Avon Skin So Soft if im going in and out of insect area and Repel 100% DEET if I am going to be out fishing in evening next to river or streams.

Edited by HoMiE

Harbor Freight Electronic Swatter. The sound of a skitter popping and the sizzle that follows is music to my ears. There is something pleasant about the smell of cooking insect! Swinging the swatter at dusk and dawn is very relaxing.

Just wondering what others have found to control the flying, biting the vermin of the sky. (sorry Mark, just thought this might be a good topic, since the other turned into a discussion.)

I have a Mosquito Magnet (the largest size) at my house, we live in the country, with wetlands nearby, and have no issues

Harbor Freight Electronic Swatter. The sound of a skitter popping and the sizzle that follows is music to my ears. There is something pleasant about the smell of cooking insect! Swinging the swatter at dusk and dawn is very relaxing.

I love my electric swatter. If you can't keep them away, FRY the bas$$rds. I love the smell of mosquitos burning in the morning (or night). :D

DDT works great to kill mosquitos, but it would probably qualify your home as a superfund site.

Deet is about the only thing that seems to really work for me but it feels like I'm smearing JetA on my skin and I hate it.