Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Breakthrough on my draw!

dab

Check out Mike Seeklander's book, this is the draw technique he teaches ... As the strong hand moves to grip the gun the weak hand moves to the stomach , what he calls index pt one, next, The gun comes out of the holster and the weak hand moves to begin building th grip as you start to extend , consistent movement equals faster draws ....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this. But, a little back ground. I took one class and it was from Robby at the Winchester steel match in CO. On the draw, he said I looked ridged. "Just relax and let it happen".

I know this sounds easy, it's not when your pumped. But, it works--

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How do you guys figure out your draw time ???

I was doing live fire drills on tuesday ... I was average 1.32 for the first shot and the fastest was 1.22 for the first shot. How do I figure my draw ???

That is your draw time, RippSpeed. By convention, your "draw" time is your time from the start of the buzzer's beep until the first shot -- so it will vary with distance to the target, size of the target, etc.

Thanx for the help ...

I also found that moving my weak hand up to the middle of my chest instead of my belly button helped me get down to 1.1 consistent and I broke thru a couple of 0.9 draw ( that happened really rushing it )...

It makes sense to me when your conscious mind is focused on your strong hand you are in constant analysis of the motion, slowing it down. If you shift your conscious attention to your weak hand, your strong hand moves by your subconscious mind without being slowed down by thinking about every motion.

exactly what i was thinking. It was the removal of conscious focus on shooting hand that gave you the ability to let it happen from muscle memory , not waiting for your brain to catch up

I wish there was a reference for certain par times . What some gm's do , masters etc. Draw, draw fire, draw fire reload etc. It would be great to have certain numbers to work towards.

Wonder if you had a timer (I don't) and a quiet room, you couldn't pull some times off Youtube of some of the people you'd like to study.

I've been using as a goal, charging the new mag before the old one hits the floor. I got this from watching a really fast Army team guy swap mags. He could do it so fast that the new mag was seated when the old one had dropped free by about a foot.

Tar

Edited by Sleepswithdogs