Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon creek customs backed up...?

trp

I was wondering if anyone knew how backed up Rich was I no he's a busy guy and don't want to bother him with wondering if my gun was ready, I was hoping to get it this week but it dosent look like that's happing it's been 4 weeks. I don't want to be pushy just wondering if anyone had there guns back from them recently and what was the time he had it??

So you know exactly where things stand with your gun and yet you're posting your "question" here anyway? <_<

If I were Rich D. and I saw this thread I would send your gun straight back to you and suggest that you go find a "faster" gunsmith.

So you know exactly where things stand with your gun and yet you're posting your "question" here anyway? <_<

If I were Rich D. and I saw this thread I would send your gun straight back to you and suggest that you go find a "faster" gunsmith.

I might think thats going to far but the fact OP DID by default call his integrity into play wouldnt hold it against him if he DID send it back. I have had a couple of his guns, still have one, and asked questions and bought a few parts in the last few years. He may just be that busy. OR maybe he should rush your gun thru and send you something you may not be happy with?

You need to bow deeply, and appolgize if not now, when your get your gun. Compared to what some of the snob $^I smiths charge Rich is a deal.

Bad form on your part.

Edited by Kent Grewe

Rich just put on a set of sights on my SIG P226. A pretty small job in the big scheme of things that he did not charge alot of money for. He got me my slide back right around the time he said he would; about 2-3 weeks. He even apologized for being a little late cause he was getting backed up. so depending on the extent of the work being done, nowadays if the gun takes a little longer than estimated then thats just how it goes. My last two Limited guns took about a month longer than estimated, which is fine by me and totally expected with how all of the top smiths are so busy with the work we shooters are giving them.

He does great work and charges very reasonable prices, so one must be patient. I definitely will give him more business

wow ! people need to relax here a bit , OP is obviusly anxious and desperate that's all , Rich will contact you as soon as he can would have been enough

just my .2 cents

p.s ; to the OP , Rich will contact you as soon as he can just be patient

Regards

as far as am concern Rich, is a top notch guy, :bow: and has a great turn around time. I really dont know how hes does with a website, posting here on forum and working on R&D and other stuff not related to only 1911's!!!!!!

dont worry, you'll get your gun soon enough!!!!!!

Relax guys I'm not rushing him or putting his integrity on the line all I've heard was great things I was just trying to get an idea on a time frame when it would be back, he can take all the time he wants I was just wondering damn!

I might think thats going to far but the fact OP DID by default call his integrity into play wouldnt hold it against him if he DID send it back. I have had a couple of his guns, still have one, and asked questions and bought a few parts in the last few years. He may just be that busy. OR maybe he should rush your gun thru and send you something you may not be happy with?

You need to bow deeply, and appolgize if not now, when your get your gun. Compared to what some of the snob $^I smiths charge Rich is a deal.

Bad form on your part.

+1

Only 4 weeks and you're getting antsy already? :unsure:

I've waited for years, from other smiths! :surprise:

I've had Rich do work for me, in the past, and highly recommend him! :cheers:

I had Rich lighten and refinish my SV slide. He is a topnotch guy. you won't be disappointed. Mine if I recall correctly took about 4 weeks.

Thanks

Rich is very busy. Any good gunsmith will be busy. Be patient because it will be worth the wait. I was at his shop just after the Single Stack Nationals and he was telling me how much work he had. I think he spends some time in his shop 7 days a week.

• 3 weeks later...