Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What sights are you using on your 5.25?

Mberry

Just put in my order for a 4P from Canyon Creek Customs. I'm interested in the Truglo TFO sights and I'm considering asking for them on the build.

Anyone have experience with them? I'm a military guy and have tritium sights on all my pistols. Not sure if it's really even necessary for a competition build. Fiber Optic sights are admittedly new ground for me.

If any of you feel inclined to post photos of your setup, I sure would appreciate it!

while not the 5.25 XDM i have an XD9 Tactical and i went with the dawson .100 fiber optic and dawson adjustable rear sight. For competition i think that tritium is a waste of money and the red fiber optic jumps into your vision so much better. Fiber optic front and adjustable rear is the way to go.

i could be wrong but i was under the impression that the 5.25 XDM came with a fiber front and adjustable rear stock

ErichF talked me into the Dawson .100 fiber optic front.

I really enjoyed the stock FO front, but the larger light bars somehow make it quicker / easier to center for me, and even give a little peripheral vision in the sight pic that really helps for close transitions.

7317443540_ddb3b61e24_b.jpg

7317443584_4664fc21f5_b.jpg

Ive got the dawson .100 as well and it is amazingly bright. It took me a bit to adjust to the thin front sight but Ive found between the brightness of the FO and the light on the sides my eyes focus instantly. I'm a pretty big fan.

I found the stock 5.25 front sight was too wide, (I am used to seeing the.100 Dawson front sight on my other guns) but this time, I took the cheaty route and simply ground the rear sight notch wider. Now with about .060 removed, I get a very good sight picture with just enough peripheral width to see around the front sight.

Except for cheap labor, the mod. cost-me nothing, and it works for me. :) One caveat, of course...It ain't reversible.

.100 red front. Waiting on Dawson to come out with fiber rear.

They have one...I had it on my 4.5" XDM...but it's not a low mount

Send your rear sight to Rich and he will drill it for fibers for you

You do realize that the rear sights mount differently between the 4.5 & the 5.25