Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doug does it AGAIN

M118LR

Looks like Doug Koening has done it AGAIN. Another win for Doug. Julie Golob also did well.

Bruce Piatt shot metallic this year.

Results

Congratulations...

and to Robert Vadasz for his win in Metallic with a 1878 - 135X

and Vance Schmid for his Production win with a 1887 - 118X

Congrats to all shooters. Particularly my Aussie shooter mates.

Very interesting results, Production, beats Metallic in overall placings. Wonder what the top 10 Production Shooters are using this yesr, any idea's?

Anyone else notice the scores on the plate rack? It looks like that would have been a fun place to hang out and watch a few individuals.:surprise:

I'm just hoping he got applause when he finished his last pass.

Congrats to all shooters. Particularly my Aussie shooter mates.

Very interesting results, Production, beats Metallic in overall placings. Wonder what the top 10 Production Shooters are using this yesr, any idea's?

Vance was shooting an SP01 Shadow

Bruce was shooting an X5 ( I think )

Why are the falling plates scored as follows?

1 DOUG KOENIG 480 - 48

2 RICHARD SIEBERT 480 - 65

3 ANDREA MORONI 480 - 48

4 DON GOLEMBIESKI 480 - 65

5 TONY DRABSCH 480 - 52

6 LUCA MANGANO 480 - 101

The scores make sense until LUCA MANGANO 480-101.

Ken

Rob was shooting the 5.25 XDm, I think BJ was shooting a glock, Enoch an M&P.

Plates got a lot of people this year.

BJ was running a 686.

Enoch was running a XDM 5.25.

Rob had an interesting new sight on his XDM.

Bruce Gray was indeed running a Sig X5.

And the plates will be haunting my nightmares.

Why are the falling plates scored as follows?

1 DOUG KOENIG 480 - 48

2 RICHARD SIEBERT 480 - 65

3 ANDREA MORONI 480 - 48

4 DON GOLEMBIESKI 480 - 65

5 TONY DRABSCH 480 - 52

6 LUCA MANGANO 480 - 101

The scores make sense until LUCA MANGANO 480-101.

Ken

That's what I was commenting on before.

Luca cleaned the plates on the first pass. On the tie breakers, with 2 seconds removed from the stop clock, he cleaned another 48 plates. On his third time standing at the 10 yard line he missed or failed to shoot one of six plates in the reduced time.

Awesome!!

AFAIK, the additional X's do not count for total score for the match, but do determine the winner of the plate stage.

My guess is a print out just of the plate stage would show Luca as #1. I'm assuming your list is based on Match X order and scores by stage.

Edited by Canuck223

I just want to see the picture of Mike Voigt wearing the skirt for getting beat by Julie

To be honest, if I placed 15th at Bianchi, I'd parade in a freaking thong.

Don't take offense to this, but I think you would be the only one there...

I just want to see the picture of Mike Voigt wearing the skirt for getting beat by Julie

To be honest, if I placed 15th at Bianchi, I'd parade in a freaking thong.

Not saying 15th isn't a great performance. It's way higher than I've ever hit. I just remember Billy having to wear it after Jessie beat him and the look on his face was priceless. I'm betting Mike was a better sport about it, but still probably not ecstatic.

Mike was a good sport from what I saw. After missing the skirt by a couple x's last year, and 2 pts and a bunch of x's this year.. I gotta start shooting better.. :surprise::roflol:

Edited by DWFAN

Anyone else notice the scores on the plate rack? It looks like that would have been a fun place to hang out and watch a few individuals.:surprise: I'm just hoping he got applause when he finished his last pass.

Maybe I'm reading something nasty into your post, like joy over someones difficulty, I hope not. My point is unless you've stood out there at the Cup with everyone watching and all the pressure, you have no idea how difficult the plates are.

In recent history the plates seem to be a given which is indicates how much higher the skill level has risen, but they have been the downfall of many great shooters at one time or another.

Edit to add: Congratulations to Doug and everyone who competed in what a noted shooter calls the Bermuda Triangle of shooting.

Edited by 2alpha

Anyone else notice the scores on the plate rack? It looks like that would have been a fun place to hang out and watch a few individuals.:surprise: I'm just hoping he got applause when he finished his last pass.

Maybe I'm reading something nasty into your post, like joy over someones difficulty, I hope not. My point is unless you've stood out there at the Cup with everyone watching and all the pressure, you have no idea how difficult the plates are.

In recent history the plates seem to be a given which is indicates how much higher the skill level has risen, but they have been the downfall of many great shooters at one time or another.

Edit to add: Congratulations to Doug and everyone who competed in what a noted shooter calls the Bermuda Triangle of shooting.

Not to speak for the writer on this one. I thought he was talking about Luca's 101 plate streak. (The applause after the last pass?) I would have loved to have seen that. But the plates did seem a bit evil this year. I was so confident last year with the Open gun on them and dropped a plate. The Metallic gun I was sure wasn't going to go as well I got 49. (Yes, a whopping one plate going for X count. But at least I took Martin's advice and didn't completely miss the first plate.)

Did TGO not shoot this year?

Yep, he shot Production, 1879-129x. An awesome score. Just not more awesome than the impressive scores turned in by Vance and Enoch. But also a score that if he had shot it in Metallic would have won the match. The top three Production shooters beat the whole field of Metallic Shooters. Impressive.

No nastyness intended at all. Simply awe.

And yes, I have been on the line at the Cup.

1999 shooting a Caspian single stack in .40 S&W. I'd been practicing every chance I had, right up until a few weeks prior to the Cup. My barrel cracked in a line from the link pin straight back.

I had barely enough time to get a replacment barrel and have it fitted. I managed to get 1500 rounds through the gun before we loaded the truck for the drive. A welcome practice match with the fine folks in southern Illinois on the weekend, then to the practice range.

I managed only 410 on the plates that year, but still considered it a victory.

The plates are intimidating to most of us mere mortals even in local matches, never mind the intense pressure at the Bianchi Cup. There are no 8s or 5s to let you survive a less than perfect shot...

You won't win the match on the plates, but you can easily lose the match there.

He has shot 187 X before. A lot of good shooters had the wheels fall off this year, but Doug was out there drilling Xes like always. Few people in any sport can match that level of performance.

The plates are intimidating to most of us mere mortals even in local matches, never mind the intense pressure at the Bianchi Cup. There are no 8s or 5s to let you survive a less than perfect shot...

You won't win the match on the plates, but you can easily lose the match there.

Truer words were never spoken, not that I'd know anything about that. :rolleyes:

I was leading Production by five points going into the Plates. I stress the word "was". I am now producing the obligatory YouTube excuse video in which I'll be shooting plates whilst aiming through a mirror weak-handed just to restore my bruised reputation to a sceptical public.

Seriously though, I learned something: listen to Rob when he warns you about losing your sights in the bright sun against the dark background there. I had sighting options in the form of a fiber-optic front blade and paint but elected to stick with what I had, black-on-black. That became grey-on-fear at the 25 yard line, and it killed me.

So, word to the wise. I'll not make that mistake again. I'll definitely make a different one instead next time.

That said, I am very happy to see Vance take it. He's had this coming for a long time, and he'll be a formidable team mate with me in Germany come September. I can't wait.

Of the various competitive Production pistol options for the Cup, preferences seem to be settling out between the XD-M 5.25, the X5 AllAround, and everything else.

-Bruce

Edited by grayguns