Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So why C-More?

feederic

how about adjusting to shooting style with a raised mount with Cmore vs a leupold deltapoint that is melted in the slide? I almost want to buy both since I dont have anywhere that has these for display then return which one i dont want.

The index is just different. I don't have trouble transitioning from my serendipity mounted Cmore to shooting my son's slide mounted Deltapoint. Trying one of each is great advice and maybe you will find you have a strong preference for one over the other.

I tried my best for a year to like the Delta Point but alas I came back home to the cMore. I liked the balance of the Delta Point with Arredondo mount, the lack of bulk and the whole idea of it but when it came down to it I shoot better with the cMore. I was using the 7.5 moa triangle and thought that maybe the 3.5 moa dot would be better but rather than buying another one I just went back.

As far as changing the battery, you do not loose your zero. I will say though that when the battery goes dead it goes stone dead. It will be there for one stage and at the next "make ready" it's gone. Hussle over to the safe table, pop the sight, change batteries, don't loose anything and go back and shoot, no problem.

I tried my best for a year to like the Delta Point but alas I came back home to the cMore. I liked the balance of the Delta Point with Arredondo mount, the lack of bulk and the whole idea of it but when it came down to it I shoot better with the cMore. I was using the 7.5 moa triangle and thought that maybe the 3.5 moa dot would be better but rather than buying another one I just went back.

As far as changing the battery, you do not loose your zero. I will say though that when the battery goes dead it goes stone dead. It will be there for one stage and at the next "make ready" it's gone. Hussle over to the safe table, pop the sight, change batteries, don't loose anything and go back and shoot, no problem.

With the Arredondo mount you didn't lose zero. With other mounts, like a dovetail mount, you do lose zero when you remove the sight. To me part of the advantage of the Deltapoint is that it gets closer to the bore axis, which you somewhat lose when you place it on a mount that places it higher above the slide.

How do you people feel about an optic sitting on a separate mount compared to a sight that is milled/attached directly into the slide? Are there disadvantages to dot tracking when the optic is milled/attached directly to the slide?

Edited by feederic

how about adjusting to shooting style with a raised mount with Cmore vs a leupold deltapoint that is melted in the slide? I almost want to buy both since I dont have anywhere that has these for display then return which one i dont want.

OR... just go to a local match and see if there is someone shooting both types and ask if they would let you check em out. Most of the shooters I know would be happy to let you see for yourself. That will probably save ya some time and aggravation down the line.

Yeah, I may have to do that. I am torn because I really like the Carver mount for my glock so i can get a thumb rest as well...Seeing most people use Cmore's almost push me to that realm but I need to just try them out.

I read recently where someone posted about a slide mounted optic being easier to track. I will admit that I haven't used one in a few years, but I have shot one. Think about the physics of the recoil. The farther you get from the pivot point either to the front or the rear the more exaggerated the motion is going to be. I think that a dot sitting still will always be easier than one that is moving.

Many have tried to come up with the next iPhone and many have tried to beat the cmore. Both of the originals just keep coming back to the top.

I like the saying "the man on top of the mountain rarely fell there". Cmore is obviously the predominant sight, and has been for some time. There is no doubt a reason for that, but having other options is good too. My son wanted to try out the Deltapoint on his XDm. If he ends up not liking it as well as a Cmore we will mount it on an AR or something and mount a Cmore. I think a Deltapoint might be cool on the right type of carry gun.

As someone pointed out, some of the Cmore mounting options allow for a thumb rest too.

… I liked the balance of the Delta Point with Arredondo mount, the lack of bulk and the whole idea of it but when it came down to it I shoot better with the cMore…

How do you people feel about an optic sitting on a separate mount compared to a sight that is milled/attached directly into the slide? Are there disadvantages to dot tracking when the optic is milled/attached directly to the slide?

The biggest advantages of the CMore is the 29mm lens with thin frame and it's well known reliability. The bigger lens makes it easier to find the dot.

The Deltapoint has a smaller lens, measuring 26mm wide x 18mm tall. The farther back on the slide it gets mounted (closer to your face), the bigger the lens will LOOK..

I mounted a 7.5moa Deltapoint and CMore on my Tactical Solutions .22lr at the same time. With the Deltapoint mounted on the dovetail and the CMore in front of the ejection port, the Deltapoint LOOKS wider, but still shorter.

I shot much faster with the Deltapoint mounted on the dovetail vs mounted in front of the ejection port.

When I mounted the Deltapoint on dovetail of my 38SC open gun, I never lost the dot during 7 yard bill drills. It tracked about the same as my frame mounted Tasco. My transitions definitely improved with the Deltapoint.

For me, slide mounted to the rear is a vast improvement over a frame mount in front of the ejection port. So far, there have been plenty of good durability reports for slide mounted Deltapoints.

Edited by gdboytyler

• 6 years later...

I still prefer the railway Cmore over the micro dots, seem to be clearer for me. I asked a friend why he switched from a Cmore to a Vortex, his answer "They sponsor me!" Enough said. I don't think there is a big difference, both work well with the proper practice time invested.

2 hours ago, AlexJ said:

It looks like it’s been a few years since this thread went dormant. I’m curious, have the “micro dots” made any improvements to unseat the cmore or is the old standby still king? 

Still see more and more of the "micro dots" and less of the more slide ride/railway.  I think the rts2 has come a long way since the origination of this thread.  I know that sight in particular has seen may revisions and seems to be fairly solid these days.  Of course the delta point and romeo are fairly popular these days too.