Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Avengers

paopao

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend in Houston caught one of the early screenings about a week and a half ago I believe.

Anyway, he said it was absolutely amazing. It's a tough feat for a movie to meld all those main characters into one story.. and all the reviews so far all say that it was done damn well.

It has a 95% on rottentomatoes. There are 2 negative reviews on rotten right now, and the author of one has publicly stated his company likes to "go against the mainsteam to get hits". And the other says that every Twilight was a good movie..... I don't count those opinions LOL. So 100% for me with credible reviewers.

I am definitely looking forward to this movie!

• 2 weeks later...

So I took my daughter to see The Avengers last night. I have been dissapointed with the last few movies I have been to, so I did not have high hopes for this one.

I am a huge action movie fan. This one did not fail me. The action scenes and the fights were awesome. The cast was top notch. I wont go into any details now as to not spoil it, but if you are a Marvel movie fan or an action movie fan, you should like this one.

Did you watch the 3d or 2d version? I'm disliking 3d more and more all the time.

I just got back from the movie (2D version). It is a must see for all the right reasons. I completely agree on disliking 3D. I have yet to go see one since this trend has started, and do not want to in the future. Most of them are done for the effect, which is really not necessary.

I saw the last transformers in 2D and hated how you could tell when the 3D effects were supposed to really kick in. At least the avengers, I did not notice it had a 3D counterpart.

I watched it in 3D and it is the FIRST 3D movie I have enjoyed. Its done in Master Image 3D and I find it way better than whatever else Ive seen before.

BTW Im sitting at the theatre about to watch it again with the wifey. Oh yeah!

Joss Whedon wrote and directed. Same guy that did "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and—what're more likely things this crowd has seen—"Firefly" and "Serenity".

Of the 3D movies I've seen, the only one that I thought had striking enough visuals for it was Thor. Captain America was okay, but not great (on the 3D front). I'm more inclined to leave it than take it.

Just got back from the 3D version. I'm thinking the 3D effect isn't worth the 'goofy glasses' effect.

Great flick!!!

+1 The movie was good enough (great) in terms of special effects, humor and story that it didn't need 3D to carry it. I've probably watched my first and last 3D flick.

Pat

I'm over the 3d thing. Several extra dollars a head for a few "gee whiz" moments that don't really do anything for the movie. We saw this one 2d and it was a great movie. Lots of action and several very funny scenes. Stay for the end of the credits.

I saw it yesterday and it was pretty sweet. they were shooting pistols at just about anything. :rolleyes:

It was all they had. I like that they showed Hawkeye running out of arrows. But it all boiled down to IRON MAN for me. My favorite Hero bar none!

Im a 3d fan. I always pick 3d over 2d. They went to all that trouble, right.

Yeah, when I know the aliens are coming I am going to be sure and get my pair of 26s.

They never really explained how hulk went from being unable to control himself to being in complete control.

A little more ginger Pepper Potts next time too please. He doesn't have to talk. As a matter of fact, I'd rather she didn't.