Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady Steel Match 75gr

caz41

Anyone know why Hornady Steel Match 75gr seems to be sold out of everywhere?

This site claims to have some in stock. I have no affiliation with them. Furthermore, I have never even been a customer to date. Been considering a different .223 load from their offerings recently.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rifle-ammunition/223-5-56/hornady-steel-match-223-75gr-bthp.html

It is part of the "ammo and primer craziness" that is due to the current politcal climate. If you find some I would buy all you can afford. I don't think you will find any in a few months. (Just my opinion based on observations of the current market climate)

This site claims to have some in stock. I have no affiliation with them. Furthermore, I have never even been a customer to date. Been considering a different .223 load from their offerings recently.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rifle-ammunition/223-5-56/hornady-steel-match-223-75gr-bthp.html

Those are almost double the price of anywhere else

http://palmettostate...-75gr-bthp.html

Those are almost double the price of anywhere else

Must be why they still have some in stock. You're right, that price is high compared to what was available 6 weeks ago. I simply noticed they had some in stock. Like I said, I was looking at other brands and loads at the time.

I don't agree with the reasons but facts are facts and there are shortages of all kinds for whatever reasons. Try to buy a BCG and tell me they are as available as they were 6 months ago. :rolleyes: Just trying to give a heads up to someone who might want ammo for the rest of the year.

Edited by 3gungeezer

I don't agree with the reasons but facts are facts and there are shortages of all kinds for whatever reasons. Try to buy a BCG and tell me they are as available as they were 6 months ago. :rolleyes: Just trying to give a heads up to someone who might want ammo for the rest of the year.

If it is as bad as it was 4 years ago you will be glad you stocked up. You couldn't buy primers anywhere for months.

Sounds like you guys need to reload ;)

I'd agree in principle particularly since I could build a load that is nicely 'matched' to my needs and my rifle. However, I simply don't have the time. Full-time job with nationwide air travel (although for the next 3 months I have Cardiac Rehab), father of 3 young kids, and a part-time masters student at University of Southern California in Astronautical Engineering (aka, evenings are homework filled). Perhaps I'm wrong on the time required. If so, I'll be glad to be wrong!! :)

Capital costs to get started are a modest/secondary concern, not my primary worry. TIme has turned out to be the more scarce commodity than money, oddly enough.

But, with what I see so far, I'm doubtful reloading would work for me based on schedule. Again, I'm happy to be wrong if someone can give realistic estimates of what new reloaders need for time. I'd reload both rifle and pistol if I could. Thanks very much.

Sounds like you guys need to reload ;)

I'd agree in principle particularly since I could build a load that is nicely 'matched' to my needs and my rifle. However, I simply don't have the time. Full-time job with nationwide air travel (although for the next 3 months I have Cardiac Rehab), father of 3 young kids, and a part-time masters student at University of Southern California in Astronautical Engineering (aka, evenings are homework filled). Perhaps I'm wrong on the time required. If so, I'll be glad to be wrong!! :)

Capital costs to get started are a modest/secondary concern, not my primary worry. TIme has turned out to be the more scarce commodity than money, oddly enough.

But, with what I see so far, I'm doubtful reloading would work for me based on schedule. Again, I'm happy to be wrong if someone can give realistic estimates of what new reloaders need for time. I'd reload both rifle and pistol if I could. Thanks very much.

It takes me about 1 hour to crank out 300 to 500 rounds depending on caliber and brass prep time.

Pat

Thanks, Pat. That's good information. I will do another analysis. Besides rifle, I'd like to load up some competition pistol ammo that might be more balanced to my power factor needs. The factory stuff I get is over done for my 5" barrel 9mm M&P Pro.