Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 1X6.5 scope from Bushnell

kurtm

Mine arrived yesterday. Haven't mounted it yet, but the "eye box" seems no different than my TAC30. Everything looks good though. It was also late when I got home so I couldn't judge the magnification or illumination in daylight very well. Hopefully I'll get to play with it some tomorrow.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain to me why you chosed the BTR1 vs BTR2 ??? I wanted to go with BTR2 right now because I wanted the windage compensation but dont like the mils, I like the moa better ... I'm going to place my order for the Bushnell next week and need to make my mind up before buying the scope...

Why the hell would I want a fixed power 3 or 4x scope? Ew.

Why the f&$/ would you need a variable power 3x or 4x?

Because it gives you a lot more flexablity than a fixed magnification scope. Some people can shoot ACOGS very well up close with speed however they are not the majority. A good variable allows you to have more speed up close as well as greater precision down range. If you must use an ACOG however the TA11 is a good choice but in my opinion its obsolete for the game now as there are far better options available. Of course thats my opinion and we all know everyone has one.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I got mine ordered today... I went with the BTR1 and FFP ... I also found another place that has it for $1074 but its the sfp

here :

www.fedtacticaldirect.com/Bushnell-1-65x24-30mm-Illum-BTR-1-FFP-ET1624F_p_40603.html

Got mine to the range today. Went with a 100 yard zero. After zero, I set a 1/3 scale USPSA shilouette steel target at 400. That thing was huge at 6.5 x when compared to my 4x! No problem hitting it. I used Trapr's info on the reticle and it lines up just right with my 75gr load from 200 out to 500 yards. All I need to do now is see where it hits up close.

I don't have my rifle in front of me, but I think you can mount it only one way. At 1x, the lever will be at 9, at 6.5x the lever will be at 3. I don't have the RTS on this rifle, but they should be at 2, so you won't see the lever. unless the scope is on 5x.

Man, that's a lot of numbers. Does this make sense.

sweet can't wait ... I went with irons for up close, irons are zero'ed with 55gr. But when in the game I just plan on leaving the scope @ 6.5x and shoot anything from 0 - 100yrds with the irons. But, I also plan on using this rifle for long range amusement that's why I went with this type of setup.

Wanna just play how far I can push and be consistent and accurate. Planning on using 68gr Black Hills for these shots...

Edited by RippSpeed

I used 1x, 2x, 3x and 4x at the match last weekend. We shot out to 200 yards so I didn't feel the need for 6.5. We also shot half size USPSC targets with required headshots so I used 2x or 3x depending on the stage and the range.

I don't know...ask like...everyone at a 3gun match why.

Yea, right.

I say different strokes for different folks...

I like the variable power just because of my bad eye sight. Anything that makes it look closer would help out ... LOL

Edited by RippSpeed