Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting glasses

maverick

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the shotgun shooting community Decots and Randolph Rangers are very popular. Does anyone use these for handgun shooting sports?

I've been using Decot glasses for the last 3 years. I have a compromise prescription for shooting iron sights. Front sight is mostly sharp, distance isn't blurry so I don't kill myself during the course of fire.

Duckboy, how long have you had them ? When I had the Rudy Freeons they were really cool ..... until they broke. They usually crack right in the middle, above the bridge. I finally replaced the lenses and sold them. The Rydons seem to be the most popular among shooters.

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

I have rudy projects FREEON and they are great. I have the Laser Blue, Racing Red, and Golf Green 100 vented and they are awesome
Duckboy, how long have you had them ? When I had the Rudy Freeons they were really cool ..... until they broke. They usually crack right in the middle, above the bridge. I finally replaced the lenses and sold them. The Rydons seem to be the most popular among shooters.

I Have had mine 4 or 5 years. March to December I wear them 40 hours a week, PLUS I wear them in the pool, PLUS I shoot with them on the weekends, same pair.

I have extras but I have not needed to take them out of the box yet? knock on wood!!!!!! Very happy :cheers:

• 6 years later...

I've used Oakley, WileyX, and ESS for the military and they're all good but my favorite so far has been a pair of polarized brown lense gargoyles. Great glass and if youre mil/LE, a veteran, or retired they give eyou a 50% discount.

• 4 weeks later...

So Rudys is a good choice. I'll hand to check out in the market for some new ones. Have anybody heard or know where to get the anti fogging spray. Guys at matches have but I can never find it where they say they bought it from. Any suggestions.

I've got two pairs of Rudy's, Oakley's (different flavors over the years) and several aviator frames. Not happy with any of them. Recently in frustration I decided to try a pair of Randolph Engineering shooting glasses set up with dominant eye front sight and non-dominant distance. They are fantastic glasses.

http://shop.randolphusa.com/edge-frame-p5616.aspx

I have the Oakley flak jacket XLJ, with prism lenses. They are very comfortable, and the prism lenses really grab ahold of a red fiber front sight.

http://www.golflocker.com/oakley-flak-jacket-xlj-prizm-golf-sunglasses

I also have a set of rudy project glasses. I mainly uses them with the clear lenses for night matches.

I have tried every possible combination of makes, shapes & colors that have been mentioned. I especially liked the Oakley's & Rudy's, until I tried the Pilla Sport. I use the Outlaw Series, all of the lenses are by Zeiss. Not cheap but it was like having an out of body experience, hard to describe how terrific the quality & clarity they are. I could not wear another pair of shooting glasses again unless they are Pella Sport's.

This pilla sports glasses look very very nice... but $1000!?!?!?!? Are they THAT good?

In my opinion they are worth every penny, we spend thousands on guns, gear, reloading equipment & supplies, travel & don't think twice. This is something you use every time you shoot, looking at it shooting 50-60 matches a year over a 5-10 year period it's not a big expense considering everything else.