Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6" Limited Weight

jrbet83

Ok I know similar threads exists but hoping to get an organized compilation of the information.

What would be nice is:

1. Pic of the gun

2. Total weight of the gun (everything minus mag)

3. Total reciprocating weight (slide [w/extractor, firing pin etc.], sights, bushing, spring plug; NO barrel, NO spring or NO guide rod)

4. Spring weight used

5. Thoughts and opinions (too light, too heavy, pros, cons, whatever you want to say :])

Hopefully this will turn out good and will supply a lot of people some good information. Maybe someone will start a 5" thread too.

Edited by jrbet83

IMG_1202.jpg

Total weight = 44 ounces

Slide weight = 12 ounces

Spring = 12# Sprinco with two shock buffs

Pistol uses a government recoil system in lieu of a FLGR.

Bushing barrel

Internally lightened slide

I love the way this pistol balances. It shoots very soft and flat. I tried a FLGR, which gave me just a little bit of dip. Now it's perfect.

total weight =41.9oz

grip plus frame(magwell, trigger stuff, ejector) = 18.0 oz

Slide (without barrel, w/o guild rod and spring) (W/firing pin, aftec, sights) =14.5oz

barrel and bushing 5.06 oz

i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/Samuel_Travis/6ingun.jpg

Edited by StravIs09

Hello:I have been playing with weight on the 6" and learned alot from the King (Benny Hill) and found you want the weight to be in the 36-38oz range using 165 grain bullets. I shot both of my 6" pistols I built today using 185,180, 170 and 165 grain bullets in both pistols. I liked the 165 much better even though one weights 2 ozs more than the other. I liked the lighter pistol better which weight 36.5ozs. The heavy pistol slide weights 13ozs with the Tripp rear sight and Dawson fiber front sight, with no other parts. I will be making that one lighter on the front. Both pistols have bushing barrels. You will have to play with weight where the pistol is balanced for you and what you like. You can also use 6" or 5" guide rods and Briley aluminum guide rods to play with weights. I will stick with the lighter 6" pistol from now on :cheers: Thanks, Eric Just to add the light slide is 12.2ozs.

Edited by Aircooled6racer

1. Pic of the gun

JPL-Lim-R.JPG

2. Total weight of the gun (everything minus mag)

37.3 oz.

3. Total reciprocating weight (slide [w/extractor, firing pin etc.], sights, bushing, spring plug; NO barrel, NO spring or NO guide rod)

14.5 oz

4. Spring weight used

11-lb

5. Thoughts and opinions (too light, too heavy, pros, cons, whatever you want to say :])

Absolute perfection, however, it is listed in the classifieds right now b/c I need the cash for other things. Seriously though, when I switched from a long dust cover, heavy SV sight tracker to the lightened 6-inch, I went from a high C class to a high B class practically overnight.

iphone25.jpgCurrently its at 37.2oz

5" recoil system with 9# spring

Slide weighs 13.7oz less barrel, bushing, spring and guide rod

Frame weighs 15.2oz with steel MSH

I can shave an ounce off of it with a change back to the plastic msh. I'm playing with balance right now.

I wouldn't change a thing.

Edited by Seth

1. I can't figure out how to insert an image, but can email you a picture. You've seen it anyway.

2. Everything included it weighs about 250 lbs, 39-1/2 oz. (my stock Edge is 37-7/8 oz.)

3. slide with reverse plug is 13-5/8 oz. (Edge is 14-1/8, with plug)

4. Spring is 12.5lbs ISMI (may have a coil or two cut off it), but I know it doesn't weigh that much, the whole gun by itself is only 2lbs 7-1/2 oz.

5. I love the gun, more everytime I shoot it. It really is about how the gun balances, not just the weight, but where the cuts and the milling is done. Mine has a long dust cover, but the weight is taken out so the gun balances inside the trigger guard, right about under the point that the slide stop lever goes through the frame.

WG

Edited by Wild Gene

HalfSize.JPG

Total weight 40.5oz

Total reciprocating weight 14.0oz

Currently running a 9lb spring

Thoughts and opinions? Still learning the gun, but absolutely love it. Balances perfectly and shoots very flat.

Built by Tim Calhoun, www.calhouncustomfirearms.com