Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 FNH USA 3 Gun

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Larry, Linda , FNH staff , Peacemaker facility and the RO's, by FAR the best match that I have shot this year. Thanks for all the hard work that went into making the match so great . Really nice not to pickup and patch for a change.

Just home now, in London, Ontario, Canada.

Thanks to all the FNH Staff for resetting the stages...love this format!

Thanks to Linda and Larry for putting together a great match, my first big 3 Gun match, had a great time, hopefully next year I won't have malfuntioning firearms.

Walked away with some awesome experience, and I had a lot of fun.

Thanks to all that made this match happen!

Thanks to Larry, The Stats staff, ROs, Sponsors, and the folks at Peacemeaker for another great match.

The 1/2 day format has to be the best way to incorporate lots of social and side match time into a 3 day event.

To all of the Guys on Squad 3, It wwas nice shoootin with you.

Wow, that was a hell of a week for ROs. It was great working with you all, and all the competitors were safe and had fun. I was on the long range stage, so I got to hear a few choice words, but they were always about the targets and not the staff :roflol:

Was my first big match and first week-long dedicated RO job. Could not have been better run! I got treated better as staff than I do at home, so I'll be signing up for this one again next year!

Thanks again to all the sponsors! I'll be sure to write some thank you letters for their generosity. I've never come in so far down the prize table and still have a shot at my choice of new FN pistols!

Adding my Thanks and praises to the match! Larry and the whole FN crew did their usual job of putting together a great match with an unbelievable prize table. The side matches were nice and the half day format meant I actually got to shoot them. The only complaint there would be that now I really want one those SC1s! That is a really nice shotgun!

Thanks again to everyone who worked the match to help it go so well!

See you out there next year for sure!

James

Congrats to Minnesota's own Chris Cazin for the win in Heavy Optics.

So what is with all the DQ's, don't know if I've ever seen so many in a single match. Was it all one stage that had a high potential for DQ, a unique rule set that bit a bunch of folks or was it spread out for numerous reasons? I wasn't at the match so I'm not trying to pick on anyone, just curious as a course designer at our local matches. We just had our first DQ at our local match last week and in retrospect it probably could have been avoided if I'd done a better job during the stage description pointing out a potential trouble spot and what not to do. Sorry if this is considered thread drift, I just hate seeing folks get DQ'd and if there's something to be learned that I can apply at our matches I'll take it.

This match had a lot of different options for shooting stuff. You started every stage with all 3 guns set up. We saw some DQs for people knocking guns out of holsters (none in the chamber but still a DQ after "make Ready") and other chances to break the 180 if you slipped. We also had the usual safety problems of people abandoning guns not on safe (which happens especially when people try to dump a shotgun or rifle too fast). Many stages allowed you to stage or drop a gun into a number of different barrels, but never have 2 guns in the same one. I heard a few instances of that happening, as well. It's actually a pretty small number of DQs when you think about how much is going on, the level of the match, and the fact that this was some people's first real 3gun match.