Introducing PractiScore

Brian N.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last I heard, the shooter database stays local to the device. The best you can do is export your registration.txt from EzWinScore and push that to all the devices.

That works if you do your match registration in EZWS and then export, in no small part because there is not way to transfer the file to my IPAD while at the range (no email access). But also,frankly, I am leaving EZWS behind for everything but reposting of scores to USPSA and Classifier uploads (and for any major that I use USPSA Self-Squadding). Would love it if SOMEONE would come up with a utility to do this.

Not asking Ken and company to do it right now, they have plenty on their hands. It would also be nice to be able to export it, for a backup of the DB for disaster recovery purposes.

May move to http://shootnscoreit.com for pre-registration, though I am doing fine with email pre-registration for 25-35 folks, and then it is no big deal to register the remaining 25-30 the morning of the match - especially if they are in the database.

Mark K.

Sorry, just remembered that I could transfer the registration text with ITUNES, right? I am not much of an Apple guy, though I do like my IPAD for PS.

But again, using EZWS for registration, would mean hauling one more thing to the range, etc.

Thanks.

Mark K.

Devin and I just conferred, and we will be adding an export/import mechanism + a small editor of the database in the device.

No timing, but relatively soon I'd expect. We've been asked about it quite a bit.

Ken N.

Devin and I just conferred, and we will be adding an export/import mechanism + a small editor of the database in the device.

No timing, but relatively soon I'd expect. We've been asked about it quite a bit.

Ken N.

Yay!!! That would be cool to have!

Graham...I can shoot 2 rounds and hit 2 targets and get 2 no shoots too...If the targets overlap and you hit the scoring border of the no-shoot or target.

You're right! Didn't think about that. I was trying a bunch of different things and thinking about extra shots and extra hits. Didn't even cross my mind that it could be legit.

For the summary...don't click on save immediately after you score the shooter...press on review score on the scoring page, then press on back, and then save.

Unless this has changed on the newest version, there is no button to review the score on that page on the Android version.

Ken N.

Yay!!! That would be cool to have!

Ditto

Graham...I can shoot 2 rounds and hit 2 targets and get 2 no shoots too...If the targets overlap and you hit the scoring border of the no-shoot or target.

You're right! Didn't think about that. I was trying a bunch of different things and thinking about extra shots and extra hits. Didn't even cross my mind that it could be legit.

For the summary...don't click on save immediately after you score the shooter...press on review score on the scoring page, then press on back, and then save.

Unless this has changed on the newest version, there is no button to review the score on that page on the Android version.

On the new 1.0 Android version, on the same page as the time is entered, bottom of the page is "Score Targets", "Save", "Disqualify" and "Review Score".

Mark K

That works if you do your match registration in EZWS and then export, in no small part because there is not way to transfer the file to my IPAD while at the range (no email access). But also,frankly, I am leaving EZWS behind for everything but reposting of scores to USPSA and Classifier uploads (and for any major that I use USPSA Self-Squadding).

Remember by the rulebook, you HAVE to use ezws for official match results. So for a lvl2 or above match, you're going to have to import from the master into ezws to print interim and '1hr b&g' results and also to print finals. Practiscore is a data-gathering system, and a damn fine one it is. But it cannot be used (as of this date) for officially determining who won what.

I ran into a problem here while trying to update 9 Nooks to ver. 1.0. None of them would update and I was forced to un-install and then install the new version. I did keep one of them for last and synced all the other ones to that to get the last match we scored (with its shooter database) back on all of them.

Brian

Yeah, that's what I had to do, too. Also I don't know if it's written here or not, but my understanding is that 1.0 android isn't compatible with the current iOS version and that's a show-stopper until that gets fixed, as in Apple looks at and signs off on the new release. I understand they're having App Store problems right now, so it may be a little while.

I did my second steel match tonight and I will have to say that my crew loves this. Even if we do have to manually drop one string with double zeros. Its a time saver after the match. So far so good my only problems have been ME. It will be nice when it works the way it should be but we ant complaining over hear at EAGC.

thanks for the hard work

Jason

Hammett

I did my second steel match tonight and I will have to say that my crew loves this. Even if we do have to manually drop one string with double zeros. Its a time saver after the match. So far so good my only problems have been ME. It will be nice when it works the way it should be but we ant complaining over hear at EAGC.

thanks for the hard work

Jason

Hammett

Jason...when you have the scorekeepers enter 0.0 on the longest string...do they wait for the shooter to verify with 2 sets of eyes on the Nook? Just curious since we haven't used it for steel up here in Huntsvegas yet.

Mark R

thanks for the hard work

Jason

Hammett

Jason...when you have the scorekeepers enter 0.0 on the longest string...do they wait for the shooter to verify with 2 sets of eyes on the Nook? Just curious since we haven't used it for steel up here in Huntsvegas yet.

Mark R

Hey, Mark,

I will answer for Jason, since he is on here so seldom. No, we have not been. We just do not have the sort of shooter that would care at our "Thursday Night Thunder". For a larger match, we certainly would.

We did learn a thing or two about Nooks in the Rain last night. We learned that a one gallon baggie would very well to protect the device, but that you cannot work through the baggie, as it will touch the screen in several places at once, and the NST does not like that. It is easy to work with your hand under the baggie, even with a stylus. We were not out in the direct rain, but under the awnings, but with high winds, we were getting rain blown in on us.

Mark K

Rain appears to be the big downside for using nooks (along with the rooting process). You can't press down on the screen through the bag; that just simply is not going to work, so you need a bag large enough to get your hand into. Too bad, too, because there's a Glad sandwich bag that so precisely fits the NST you'd think it was made for it.

thanks for the hard work

Jason

Hammett

Mark R

Hey, Mark,

I will answer for Jason, since he is on here so seldom. No, we have not been. We just do not have the sort of shooter that would care at our "Thursday Night Thunder". For a larger match, we certainly would.

We did learn a thing or two about Nooks in the Rain last night. We learned that a one gallon baggie would very well to protect the device, but that you cannot work through the baggie, as it will touch the screen in several places at once, and the NST does not like that. It is easy to work with your hand under the baggie, even with a stylus. We were not out in the direct rain, but under the awnings, but with high winds, we were getting rain blown in on us.

Mark K

I asked them to. Seen some do it and some not.Thursdays are more for something to do a pratice you could say.

It is something that i am going to stress that they do. but lets face it some won't they will remember when i dont fix ther score.

This program has taking a load of these matches.A match ant over to the scores are posted.

Give it a go give them paper till your shooters get the hang i bet by the end of the match that paper will be in the trash.

Jason

Edited by Hamm

Does any one besides me have a problem from time to time trying to sync a nook back to there main unit some times I have to do it to to three times before it will take

Does any one besides me have a problem from time to time trying to sync a nook back to there main unit some times I have to do it to to three times before it will take

Just last night I was getting my Nooks ready for this Saturday and I had the master on ready to go...was going to pull data to my other 3 nooks and the master had a sync code of 0000. Well that didn't work, so I turned the master off and back on and then it gave me code 016A. Before I rebooted it, I checked and it was connected to my network...so not sure, but the reboot seemed to fix it.

Just last night I was getting my Nooks ready for this Saturday and I had the master on ready to go...was going to pull data to my other 3 nooks and the master had a sync code of 0000. Well that didn't work, so I turned the master off and back on and then it gave me code 016A. Before I rebooted it, I checked and it was connected to my network...so not sure, but the reboot seemed to fix it.

The problem we seem to be having (I have it with my android phone as well), it that you hit the sync button, and then get the message that it cannot find the other device. You do it 3-4 times, and then it will sync. When we are doing it, we are standing right there with both PS devices, and the pocket router.

We have a USPSA match this Sunday, and will see if the problem persists with the IPAD as the master device. It did not last month.

Mark K