Introducing PractiScore

Brian N.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That brings me to another issue shooters steps in the box, do I now have to look at a list to find out what division he/she is in to know what rules to apply?

Ummm, no? PS displays the division & PF at the top of the screen.

Not on iOS. Not enough room on an iphone/ipod touch

What about on the previous page, when you select the shooter from the squad list?

Not there, either.

post-2179-0-62031900-1340221775_thumb.jp post-2179-0-12149300-1340221696_thumb.pn

Edited by wgnoyes

As Mark said

This worked great for us this weekend I can't wait to see it working on our steel match

Ken you guys keep up the good work

And JC thanks for all your help getting Mark and myself going this weekend

• 2 weeks later...

Just downloaded and used the new Android version 1.0, available on the webpage or in the Android Market, and used it for our weekly Thursday night steel match last night. This version allows custom divisions, Time Plus scoring, etc. This is really great. It does not have a true Steel module, because you have to delete out the longest string manually, by just putting 0.0 for the time. You also have to just mentally add penalty times for misses into the time you enter.

However, this version is not compatible with the current I/OS version. Have not heard when that will be updated.

Mark K.

Just downloaded new version, but it seem like there is something wrong with division editing page. There is no add/remove division buttons, all existing fields are disabled/not selectable, yet I can type something in the first one because app shows keyboard upon activation, but can't delete... :(

Hopefully Ken and his guys will put a fix for this issue soon.

Just downloaded and used the new Android version 1.0, available on the webpage or in the Android Market, and used it for our weekly Thursday night steel match last night. This version allows custom divisions, Time Plus scoring, etc. This is really great. It does not have a true Steel module, because you have to delete out the longest string manually, by just putting 0.0 for the time. You also have to just mentally add penalty times for misses into the time you enter.

However, this version is not compatible with the current I/OS version. Have not heard when that will be updated.

Mark K.

sounds like the ios version went in for approval... however long apple takes to do that

Just downloaded new version, but it seem like there is something wrong with division editing page. There is no add/remove division buttons, all existing fields are disabled/not selectable, yet I can type something in the first one because app shows keyboard upon activation, but can't delete... :(

I am not having the same issue on my Galaxy Tablet, or on my Droid Phone.

Maybe a OS version or device specific problem.

Mark K

Okay... stupid question time... how do I unintstall Practiscore v0.9 from my NST (using the GUI)?

(I'd rather have to reinstall the Android SDK all over again just so that I can get adb access.)

I was hoping the installing v1.0 from the play store would just upgrade things, but not true for my G2 phone, so I'm guessing that is why it failed to install on my NST. At least on the G2 I could go to Menu>Settings>Manage Applications and uninstall. I can't seem to find a similar thing on the NST. Menu>Settings just brings me to the stock B&N Settings page which obviously doesn't support installing and uninstalling apps.

Edited by Skydiver

Mark K

Hmm. Are you saying you can add/remove divisions and change/edit their names?

What android versions your Galaxy tablet and Droid phone are running?

Okay... stupid question time... how do I unintstall Practiscore v0.9 from my NST (using the GUI)?

(I'd rather have to reinstall the Android SDK all over again just so that I can get adb access.)

I was hoping the installing v1.0 from the play store would just upgrade things, but not true for my G2 phone, so I'm guessing that is why it failed to install on my NST. At least on the G2 I could go to Menu>Settings>Manage Applications and uninstall. I can't seem to find a similar thing on the NST. Menu>Settings just brings me to the stock B&N Settings page which obviously doesn't support installing and uninstalling apps.

Press and hold the PS icon on the GUI, and Uninstall become an option.

Mark K.

Mark K

Yes, I can do that.

Galaxy = Android version 3.1 Kernel Version 2.6.36.3

Droid = Android version 2.3.4 Kernel Version 2.6.32.9

BEWARE: IF you uninstall, you will lose any shooter database you have imported or added.

Mark K.

Yes, I can do that.

Apparently I can add divisions when using "Time Plus" match type, but not when using USPSA-Pistol match type. Yet there is still an issue when PS allows to type additional chars in disabled/gray fields and don't allow to remove them after... so it is very easy to screw divisions for pistol match and it doesn't seem there is any way to reverse such changes.

BEWARE: IF you uninstall, you will lose any shooter database you have imported or added.

Mark K.

NOW you tell me :roflol:

The NST's are not made for typing. Re-entering names on the NST is killing me.

yeah, Bruce, I think the NSTs are great for squad work, but not for registration. I am using either my IPAD (waiting for that update), Jason's Kindle Fire, or my Samsung Galaxy. The screen delays on the NST are frustrating.

Mark K

Yes, I can do that.

Apparently I can add divisions when using "Time Plus" match type, but not when using USPSA-Pistol match type. Yet there is still an issue when PS allows to type additional chars in disabled/gray fields and don't allow to remove them after... so it is very easy to screw divisions for pistol match and it doesn't seem there is any way to reverse such changes.

Yes, that is correct. Sorry, I knew that but did not think to tell you.

Mark K.

Mark K

The only time you can add divisions is when you build a match in time plus. That's how I got it to pull up for me to make my custom divisions that I wanted.

Al in al I we like this Mark and myself NEVER want to use paper again

The only time you can add divisions is when you build a match in time plus. That's how I got it to pull up for me to make my custom divisions that I wanted.

Al in al I we like this Mark and myself NEVER want to use paper again

Thing is I need to remove and add divisions for any match. More specifically, IPSC divisions for handgun, shotgun and rifle matches are quite different and none of those are using time plus scoring.

Also, I am still puzzled, why division edits made for one match are carried over to a brand new match...

Not mean to bash anyone, just reporting an issue/confusion.

Mark K.

NOW you tell me :roflol:

The NST's are not made for typing. Re-entering names on the NST is killing me.

Just import your registration.txt from EzWinScore all over again.

Oh wait, you've been using PS now to register folks over the past few months and your EzWinScore masternames database is now out of date... You're screwed... :lol:

Press and hold the PS icon on the GUI, and Uninstall become an option.

Mark K.

I found that while I was at the doctor's office. I got "Uninstall unsuccessful". I think it's time for me to install the Android SDK again, unless there is a File Manager you folks can suggest that maybe able to force the uninstall.

I found that while I was at the doctor's office. I got "Uninstall unsuccessful". I think it's time for me to install the Android SDK again, unless there is a File Manager you folks can suggest that maybe able to force the uninstall.

Try AndExplorer for Android...it's free... AndExplorer

This thread has now gotten so long that it's extremely difficult to search for anything, particularly if it is a phrase or commonly used word. All this is by way of saying sorry if this has been covered and I'm not seeing it.

On the android version, it is possible on a Virginia stage to enter more hits than allowed. For example, I can enter 2 shots per target plus hits on no-shoots. Somewhere this should throw up a red flag of some kind to indicate that there were too many hits.

One other thing that I may be missing, after I have scored a shooter, it would be preferable to go to the summary afterwards. As it now stands, you have to re-enter that shooter and choose summary to get that information.

On the android version, it is possible on a Virginia stage to enter more hits than allowed. For example, I can enter 2 shots per target plus hits on no-shoots. Somewhere this should throw up a red flag of some kind to indicate that there were too many hits.

One other thing that I may be missing, after I have scored a shooter, it would be preferable to go to the summary afterwards. As it now stands, you have to re-enter that shooter and choose summary to get that information.

Graham...I can shoot 2 rounds and hit 2 targets and get 2 no shoots too...If the targets overlap and you hit the scoring border of the no-shoot or target.

For the summary...don't click on save immediately after you score the shooter...press on review score on the scoring page, then press on back, and then save. :cheers:

Anyone know for sure if there is way to export/sync/push the ENTIRE shooter database from one PS device to another?

Mostly want to know because I use my IPAD for USPSA matches, but other MDs at the club will be using other devices (Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy, etc) for the Multi-Gun, Steel, IDPA and SASS matches. Now while there will be limited cross-over in those matches, it would be nice to keep them in synch.

Mark K.