Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Space City Challenge

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We tossed stage 2. The RO was miss calling shots on the clamshells that past through the no-shoot and hit the target. He was scoring the hit on the target, rather than calling it a miss.

He score it that way all day yesterday and the first four squads today. It was not called that way on Friday when the staff shot.

There was no way to re-shoot and there was no doubt of the outcome if it were arbitrated; therefore, we determined that we had no choice, but to toss it.

My apologies to those who did not apologize for the error. No one feels worse than the RO involved.

I will report more about the match after I have had a chance to recover a liitle.

Thank to everyone,

Jack Sweet

MD

There was no

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

We tossed stage 2.

That one paragraph should read:

My apologies to those who did not get to shoot the stage. I apologize for the error. No one feels worse than the RO involved.

(perfect evidence that I need a bit of time to recover.)

Jack,

First and foremost, Thanks a lot for a great match - I know our squad had a blast. Second, not to sound pushy just curious - when can we expect to see the results for all of us who had to leave after the match yesterday?

Thanks a bunch!!!

We tossed stage 2. The RO was miss calling shots on the clamshells that past through the no-shoot and hit the target. He was scoring the hit on the target, rather than calling it a miss.

Jack of course I do not need to tell you that the target should have been scored as a miss and a no shoot. I guess our Squad did not hit the no shoot or someone would have said somethiong about how to score it. I guess it is what it is. To bad you did not throw out stage one, I did bad on it.

Thanks for what you do.

Jack of course I do not need to tell you that the target should have been scored as a miss and a no shoot. I guess our Squad did not hit the no shoot or someone would have said somethiong about how to score it. I guess it is what it is. To bad you did not throw out stage one, I did bad on it.

Thanks for what you do.

I wasn't the ro, but rather the match director. I am the one that decided to toss it. The RO did stand there looking pretty crushed and told me, "This is all my fault." I felt bad for him and his crew. He designed the stage, built it, rebuilt after the storm Friday night and ran it for a day and half. He just missed the "impenetrable" thing.

I accept my part in it. I did not realize that the other certified RO that I had on the stage preferred not to run shooters. Had they swapped after the first squad, it might have been caught early enough to re-shoot.

I would guess, that there were at least a few shooters who kept quiet, because the points were in their favor. One can definitely argue that it is not their responsibility, but I can tell you that the next time that one of my targets is mis-scored, rather than doing the internal happy dance, I am going to remember tossing this stage.

I had a choice I could have kept quiet and let the stage run, and hope nobody hurt by the scoring mistake ever noticed. Since the mistake that was hurting them was not on their score sheet, it could have gone unnoticed. That seems like a pretty sad way to go through life.

I avoided looking at results during the match, but discovered later that this was one of my best stages.

This is my last post on the topic of tossing the stage.

Regards,

Jack Sweet

Match Director

SCC 2012

It was great to meet you in person, Jack-- and thanks again for all of the hard work.

If you ignore the first stage, it doesn't look too bad-- especially since you can't see the hits (or lack thereof) on Stage 2, 3 and 4...

Thanks to Jack and the Space City crew! It was a great match.

+1, Jack and the RO's did a great job! :cheers:

Also a THANK YOU to Briley for the Franchi 3-gun shotgun that was raffled on Sunday, that I won :surprise:

Congratulations on that one Scott!

as one of the ro's i want to thank jack and his staff and all of the shooters for all doing their part to make space city challenge a great match. if you want pics i may possibly have some. all my pics are of stage 4 my wife was takeing pics. if interested in the pics contact me on here. thanks again to jack and everyone else that made this match happen.

This was my first Space City and wont be my last. Had a great time shooting and made some new friends. Thanks for talking us into coming down Jack, and thank you and all the RO's for the work it took.