Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coach's 2012 Shooting Log

Coach

.0092 separated you from 2nd place overall. Geez brother that's some good shooting. Only Two very good Open guys beat you, one a Master!! Good job at Atlanta!!

Where was Jake at? Geez, there he is, down a ways. Lol, he should practice with you more!!!

Thanks. I will settle for the win in Limited at this time. Repete is very good. I should have been second overall. I choked on the classifier and the other small course. If I do my job there I am right there with him. Things are improving and headed in the right direction. A little more practice and a match then it is the state match. Looking forward to it.

Laying off dry fire this week and doing live fire a little bit each day. Back to school next week and then it will be more dryfire than live. I have gun issues to iron out as well, but George is on it.

Who's shooting between now and State?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.0092 separated you from 2nd place overall. Geez brother that's some good shooting. Only Two very good Open guys beat you, one a Master!! Good job at Atlanta!!

Where was Jake at? Geez, there he is, down a ways. Lol, he should practice with you more!!!

Thanks. I will settle for the win in Limited at this time. Repete is very good. I should have been second overall. I choked on the classifier and the other small course. If I do my job there I am right there with him. Things are improving and headed in the right direction. A little more practice and a match then it is the state match. Looking forward to it.

Laying off dry fire this week and doing live fire a little bit each day. Back to school next week and then it will be more dryfire than live. I have gun issues to iron out as well, but George is on it.

Who's shooting between now and State?

South Central on the first Sunday, and Oxford, Ohio on the first Sunday as well. I think Oxford is shooting white guys at their match. That would be a first for me and I would like to do it. I am even considering shooting IDPA at ACC on the First Saturday.

Edited by Coach

Be sure and tell us how you like IDPA at ACC.

I am sure I can provide a full report.

I might come out just to laugh and point.

You should come out and yell

"Cover"

"Move"

and ring him up for dumping rounds and not doing reloads with retention

Be sure and tell us how you like IDPA at ACC.

I am sure I can provide a full report.

I might come out just to laugh and point.

You should come out and yell

"Cover"

"Move"

and ring him up for dumping rounds and not doing reloads with retention

It won't be that bad.

Live Fire Practice 7/28/2012

Chronographed some rounds:

Lead 180 grain loaded short = 176 power factor

Gator 180 grain loaded short = 175 power factor

GH@ gun back with a new grip and ready to go. It was flawless for the 250 rounds today.

Went out and shot Front Sight forward at 7, 12, 15, 25 yards (2 reps per distance)

All drills on classic target so the A zone was the small one.

7yards

Time was 2.43 with a 0.66 draw with 26 points Hf= 10.6995

Time was 2.32 with a draw of 1.16 with 28 points HF=12.0689

The first draw time still blows my mind. It is the fastest ever for me if it is correct. I did not think I jumped the buzzer and I did not notice the timer doing anything screwy throughout the session. Just had a good one I guess.

12 yards:

Time was 2.54 draw of 1.35 with 30 points HF=11.8110

Time was 2.50 draw of 1.23 with 23 points HF= 9.2000

15 yards

Time was 2.78 draw of 1.38 with 25 points HF=8.9928

Time was 2.85 draw of 1.37 with 11 points HF=3.8596

25 yards

time was 3.56 draw of 1.47 with 3 points HF=0.8426 this one sucked obviously

time was 4.06 draw of 1.52 with 25 points HF= 6.1576

WHO at 12 yards

time was 4.84 draw of 2.05 with 24 points HF=4.9586

time was 4.31 draw of 1.76 with 15 points HF=3.4802 called the mike could not make it up in time. Felt disappoints so did one more run

time was 4.46 draw of 1.72 with 28 points HF=6.2780

I am glad I did the last run. That is best draw WHO of the year and I imagine ever. Previous best was 1.74. The overall time was the best ever without a mike. I had one faster earlier in the year but it was a stage zero so it really does not count.

SHO at 12 yards

time was 3.43 draw of 1.34 with 12 points HF=3.4985

time was 3.50 draw of 1.37 with 24 points HF=6.8571

time was 3.38 draw of 1.35 with 28 points HF= 8.2840

I was a little disappointed with the first two so I decided one more and I really connected on it as well. My records show it has the fastest time and the best hit factor of the year as well. On the small targets I think that is good.

Near to Far:

Time was 3.89 draw of 1.46 with 29 points HF=7.4550

time was 3.94 draw of 1.39 with 6 points HF=1.5228 two mikes on far target not called.

time was 3.98 draw of 1.32 with 36 points HF=9.0452

time was 3.75 draw of 1.24 with 32 points Hf=8.5333

time was 3.49 draw of 1.24 with 35 points HF=10.0286

Just sitting here thinking about the state match. L10 could be the way to go with that STI money calling my name.

Why think about it,It's there for the taking :rolleyes:

I would like to steal your stage plans as well but my match will be long over by the time you get started.I am going to try and get some practice in on Monday and Friday. Good luck to both of you

Just got a call from George. He has my front sight repair on the Brazos. Craig is picking it up on his way out here tomorrow for a little practice. I have both Limited guns back up and in good shape, and now it is just finish getting ready for state and continue the march toward nationals.

Just sitting here thinking about the state match. L10 could be the way to go with that STI money calling my name.

You're afraid to shoot against me in Limited, I understand. :blush:

You're afraid to shoot against me in Limited, I understand. :blush:

Controlling my fear has been difficult. But the memory of SS nats helps.

Edited by Coach

:roflol: touche! .004% <_<

Not my normal platform.

Jake had us late.

I had just walked up that big F****** hill.

I had to go first and had two no shoots.

It rained on us all morning.

Hotter than hammered hell all afternoon.

I won SS nats.

You won Ohio.

Indiana is the rubber match. Looks like Bill is safe from me.

Did some live fire practice with Craig and Adam today.

It was a rough start but a strong finish.

Some mikes early on the 2-2-2 or Front sight forward drills. SHO and WHO were solid.

Draw at 3 yard were good. Draws at 12 yards were solid. I shot the stages pretty well, and steel was great.

Doing some private instruction tonight. So I will at least get to touch a gun and shoot a few rounds, but not enought to call it practice. Scheduled for live fire tomorrow with Bill and Jake. It is also the first day of school with the kids. I am sure it will be a mess.

Fired right at 288 rounds in practice last night with Bill. Parts of it went very well but there were speed bumbs and fumbles present as well. We ended shooting a 90 point stage that required two positions, some shooting on the move and small poppers at 15-17 yards. My times were ok but not great but the points on all of the runs were very good. I have not extra shots on steel.

I had some great reloads and a couple of fumbles. SHO and WHO were ok. I suffered a mike WHO but the second one was good. SHO was solid.

I had a .81 draw at three yards. I had several sub 1 second draws at 12 yards. I shot 1.97 second bill drill with 27 points. Just needing to get the A hits now and maintain that level of speed. Still feel like progress is being made.

I was back out there tonight working out situation with a gun, and fired 90 rounds. Some of this practice was great and some sucked. It was a hero or zero night. I was pushing things to be certain, but I figure that is what practice is for.

Shooting my first IDPA match on Saturday is the plan, and then headed to Oxford on Sunday for USPSA. I am testing some precision delta ammo that I am thinking of using at nationals. I fired 50 rounds of it without a problem last week, but lets see how it does in a match.

I am back to school and that is soaking uo more time that I like. I have the state match ammo loaded. It is nice to not be spending a week working on that match for a change. I needed a break from that for sure.

Fired right at 288 rounds in practice last night with Bill. Parts of it went very well but there were speed bumbs and fumbles present as well. We ended shooting a 90 point stage that required two positions, some shooting on the move and small poppers at 15-17 yards. My times were ok but not great but the points on all of the runs were very good. I have not extra shots on steel.

I had some great reloads and a couple of fumbles. SHO and WHO were ok. I suffered a mike WHO but the second one was good. SHO was solid.

I had a .81 draw at three yards. I had several sub 1 second draws at 12 yards. I shot 1.97 second bill drill with 27 points. Just needing to get the A hits now and maintain that level of speed. Still feel like progress is being made.

I was back out there tonight working out situation with a gun, and fired 90 rounds. Some of this practice was great and some sucked. It was a hero or zero night. I was pushing things to be certain, but I figure that is what practice is for.

Shooting my first IDPA match on Saturday is the plan, and then headed to Oxford on Sunday for USPSA. I am testing some precision delta ammo that I am thinking of using at nationals. I fired 50 rounds of it without a problem last week, but lets see how it does in a match.

I am back to school and that is soaking uo more time that I like. I have the state match ammo loaded. It is nice to not be spending a week working on that match for a change. I needed a break from that for sure.

I know that you would do this anyway but make sure that you chrono the precision ammo.

I used it a couple of years ago at the state match and it came right in at 165.1 PF :surprise: