Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Reflex Tester

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0.131 ??!!!

Must ... beat ... score ...

Well you guys were so much faster than me I tried for about 1 minute again.

At .03 it says,

"You have the reflexes of a snake!"

:P

Im done now I dont care who beats me or by how much...

Larry P

Rhino,

Then I did it 4 times in a row.

I was using a stock Gateway mouse (performance center breathed on it and I have taken it apart and polished the mating surfaces though) I have a special mouse pad that may have helped (very sensitive to movement) and BTW I did change the screen Color to crimison RED!

So when I "See Red" as I often do, I recognize the change more quickly.

you guys have fun!

Oh, talk about creepin, A buddy sent me a screen picture of a .001

Larry P

Edit: oops thats a .01

Interesting to speculate here about why many of us are reporting repeatable runs of the same time down to the third decimal place, and then a sudden (for me, at least) hop up or down to another "threshold" level.

Is this an artifact of the software running the timer? Or are we actually able to do things with that degree of repeatability (granted it's only one twitch of the finger in response to a visual stimulus)?

If this actually a reflection of our actual response, then it suggests that we improve not just by "doing it faster" (which I would think would cause a gradual improvement) but by perhaps doing it differently.

I've been dryfiring using SA's book. At first, the drops in the times on the draw (the only thing I've managed to find the time to do regularly) were from doing it faster. But the consistent improvements seem to come from my recognizing something specific about my technique that I could change. Same thing here?

• 4 weeks later...

It will help!

I think it's the idea of the game, but I think playing with it for a few minutes taught me more about "driving the dot" than I've learned about it by reading or by shooting my .22 with a dot on it.

After 10 attempts .26 was the best I could do. Now did you specify if it was with or with out a cover garment? :D

edit:

Okay I couldn't stop went back and changed the color to red and got a .251. I'll stop there!

• 2 weeks later...

i just cracked off a .15.

normally they run about .22.

neat, but odd..needs to make your computer make a noise instead of changing color. but still neat

the steel thing is neat, i can barely get under three seconds, lots of fun though.

edit the steel game no longer works...sigh

• 2 weeks later...