Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

Hi guys Ro'ing the match and yes got to shoot week before. Two things, one 300 rounds of each will be more then safe. Second big hint bring your chokes. Hope everyone can come out and play and have a safe trip.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think I could slip someone on the staff a $20 to let me shoot my Sunday stage a day early? Would be nice to get everything shot by Saturday evening and start the trek back home.

Depending on which day is your early day, you might be able to squadjump either Friday or Saturday and shoot through with another squad, but Mr Flood and the affected squad would have to OK it, I assume.

Another great match. I'm already looking forward to next year. Hopefully, whoever loans them their clay throwers will go out of business by then. :roflol: Nice job Ken and Larry. I'm glad a kid won the raffle. Did you see the look on his face?!! Priceless. :cheers:

That young man introduced himself to me on Saturday and asked a bunch of questions about my guns. He explained to me he couldn't shoot this match as his parents make him save to pay his own entry fees and he couldn't afford to shoot this and the several other majors he is attending this year.

My hats off to his parents. Saving! Thats a great lesson for a young person to learn!

Really seemed like a nice kid and I hope to see him at the top of this game someday!

Congrats to Nick Kalishek and all the other winners.

Nick is the reason my family shoots 3 gun. The first Time we came to Holmen WI for a monthly match he made it look so easy and took time to help us get started . The welcoming hospitality that was displayed by Nick Mike & Matt Drossel and Ronnie and Laurie Casper was fantastic. They are just the kind of quality people who make this sport what it is. Great bunch on Squad 17 as well.

Great shooting with you all.

We had a great match.

Thanks to Ken, Larry and all the RO's Great Job

We will be back.

Dan & Jack

Had an awesome time at the match. Kudos to Ken, Larry and all the RO's for putting on a great match. The folks on squad 4 were great. Did alright with the rifle and shotgun, but it wasn't enough to carry my weak handgun game. My pathetic pistol shooting landed me somewhere just under the 50% mark. This being my first major match and 4th 3-gun, I'm still content even though I wish I had done better. At least I know what I need to work on. Pretty sure I'll see you all again next year. For those of you coming to the Nordic Components shotgun championships at the end of July .......see you there.

Edited by Shooter115

I've been to every CMMG match, with the exception of 2007, when I had back surgery the week before, and this was the best one so far.

Many thanks to Ken, Larry, ROs, and the rest of the staff that put in endless hours to put it on!! :cheers:

No rain, Excellent stages [we won't mention a certain @%$#@% spinning target], Professional RO's and an awesome facility that gets better every year. Thanks to the Staff and RO's, and especially for a certain Loud RO that convinced Ken that Simple is better. I think this is my favorite match of the year.

Had a great time! Good stages and ROs. Great weather too for once! Thanks to Ken and Larry and all who made this match possible. Looking forward to next time.

Jim M.

PS. Some of us liked the clay throwers

This was my 3rd Midwest 3 gun and it was definitely the best So far. And that's not just because I got a plaque and it didn't rain and they had good food. It was because there were more competitors, more targets, more RO's, more prizes, heck more everything. The stages were a lot of fun!!! Good work guys.

Great match, great weather, and great folks always make for a great time. It is the biggest reason I'll keep on coming back. Thanks Ken, Larry, and company.

Most of the stages were nicely set up. They were simple and yet challenging. The only feedback I'd like to give is that target presentation must be made to be equal to all shooters no matter what time of day they are shooting the stage. On Stage 5, the 300 yard MGM flashers were almost impossible to see using iron sigths at around 1-3 PM when the plate is in the shadow of its own flasher. Any other time, they were very visible, especially in the morning and late afternoon. On Stage 7, the AC targets painted orange were almost impossible to see in the woods in the late afternoon when the sun is in front of the shooter. Scope shooters had a hard time. For iron shooters, the eye is already constricted using the iron sights, but to combine it with the near impossible to see targets, the glare of the sun, and the smoke from your gun lit up bright by the sun, you're left with taking chance shots. Its pretty bad when the RO's have to rely on sound alone at times to tell you if you hit the target or not.

Although I had a bad run at both of these stages in part of the target presentation, it did not make or break my game at the end. My hat's off to Kuan Watson for an exemplary performance in Heavy Metal. He won all 9 stages for a total match points of 900 making him the match champion also

Edited by -=VILLAMOR=-

THE GOOD: I loved the match. Ken, Larry, and RO crew did an outstanding job as usual. I enjoyed the stages even though the performance I put on didn't show it. I really liked the different mind games some of the stages played. Great fun.

THE BAD: Because I sucked terribly at the flying clays stage I will complain that the penalty points were too high. In the interest of full disclosure if I had burned the stage down I would have thought everything was fine, so take that complaint as it was intended (whining). Also watching the iron sighted shooters in our squad having to shoot at virtually impossible to see targets on Stage #5 and Stage #7 due to the way the sun was shining on the target presentation (I know, who would have thought anyone would complain about the sun shining too much at the Midwest 3-gun) hopefully these small complaints can be addressed in the future.

Final complaint - Doctor tells me that I tore the calf muscle in my right leg and an MRI tomorrow will let us know if surgery can be avoided.

Squad 13 was a hoot to shoot with. Thanks.