Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the latest squad list PDF, the division is located next to each name. For example: Jesse Tischhauer-TO

Link

May need to clear my cookies on my phone.

Hmmm. I see there are 4 HMO and 5 HM. If I shoot HMO that makes ten total. I wonder if there is a possibility of combining the divisions for 3GN Division series points?

Make us all HM Irons.......the original Heavy Metal :devil:

Calling JJ for support.... :cheers:

In the latest squad list PDF, the division is located next to each name. For example: Jesse Tischhauer-TO

Link

Hmmm. I see there are 4 HMO and 5 HM. If I shoot HMO that makes ten total. I wonder if there is a possibility of combining the divisions for 3GN Division series points?

That's fine too but do I have to ditch my scope and shoot looking down the rail? I figured the HI guys were good enough to out shoot the scopes anyways.

I just booked a room at the Silver Lake Motel in Fayette, MO. Closest Motel to the range. From what Mr. Payne has told me, nice rooms, clean.

I didn't even think that they would have any rooms left.....but he does. So if you want to stay close to the range give them a call at 660-248-3335 and they'll take care of you. The owners name is Brian.

Tim

I just booked a room at the Silver Lake Motel in Fayette, MO. Closest Motel to the range. From what Mr. Payne has told me, nice rooms, clean.

I didn't even think that they would have any rooms left.....but he does. So if you want to stay close to the range give them a call at 660-248-3335 and they'll take care of you. The owners name is Brian.

Tim

Bring your own towel. But its close to the range.

jay

Tim

See you there Tim I booked a room back in December, though I thought it was called the Siver Belle. No it doesn't look like the Hilton, but as long as there's a roof and a bed it's all I need. The owner seems really nice, it's close to the range and the price can't be beat. I have a portable grill and a cooler, so I'm not worried too much about bars or restaurants either. I'm a pretty low maintianance guy so I don't need anything with 5 stars as long as there's a little :cheers:

Chris Sell

Edited by Shooter115

NO! I didn' say nicr/clean rooms. Only close to the range and glood price. The rest will have to be a personal observation. YMMV

nope....I remember you saying it was quaint, clean and friendly :devil: . OK, yeah, maybe you did say it was cheap and close.

Bring your own towel????

Edited by TRUBL

Link

That's fine too but do I have to ditch my scope and shoot looking down the rail? I figured the HI guys were good enough to out shoot the scopes anyways.

Well I wouldn't go that far. Maybe you could shoot lefty and give the rest of us a chance to catch up to you.

I enjoy shooting iron sights more than an optic, but sometimes modern technology is hard to overcome.

Silver Bell's deffinately not the Hilton!! But closer than Columbia or Boonville and there are still places to eat and bars in town. If I had more rooms I'd rent them out, I live about 5 miles from the range now, but still full of boxes from the move.

Silver Bell's deffinately not the Hilton!! But closer than Columbia or Boonville and there are still places to eat and bars in town. If I had more rooms I'd rent them out, I live about 5 miles from the range now, but still full of boxes from the move.

I am all for places to eat! Clue me in on some of the better places in fayette.

Tim

Depends on what a persons taste is. On the square downtown there is Breadeaux Pizza, Chinese, Emmett's Kitchen and Tap, and Mikemans(spelling may be wrong) Main St. Pub. There is a Mexican restaurant on the west side of town, along with McDonalds and Dairy Queen. On the south edge just out of city limits there is Hawgs and Heiffer's Bar and Grill. For a small town there is a variety, and prices aren't bad at most. Emmett's can be a little high depending on what you get. Mikemans usually has a weekend special of steak, potato, and salad for around $8.95. It's usually 12oz strip or primerib. There's also Subway if someone wants to think they are eating healthy.

Link

Well I wouldn't go that far. Maybe you could shoot lefty and give the rest of us a chance to catch up to you.

I enjoy shooting iron sights more than an optic, but sometimes modern technology is hard to overcome.

Sorry Kuan, not gonna be there this year...

I don't see anything about needing 10 participants for 3GN Divisional Series, where is that Jesse?

And the combining thing...not really fair to combine 308 IRONS, 45 with 8 rounds, and a pump 12 guage with 308 SCOPED, a 9mm 24 round pistol and a semi auto 20 guage...

jj

I don't see anything about needing 10 participants for 3GN Divisional Series, where is that Jesse?

And the combining thing...not really fair to combine 308 IRONS, 45 with 8 rounds, and a pump 12 guage with 308 SCOPED, a 9mm 24 round pistol and a semi auto 20 guage...

jj

Ugh!!! I can't understand those rules! Tactical, Limited, Optics, Irons, WTF? Is it just me or is Heavy Irons, Heavy Optics, Tactical Optics, Tactical Irons not the most easily recognized way of stating divisions?

I distinctly remember someone from 3 Gun Nation posting the ten shooter minimum. I guess I'll have to go find it. It was right after the NW multi gun got added to the mix because it's a smaller match.

Post number 63 of the NW Multi Gun match. The MD stated that 3GN made it a requirement. Looks like we need an official ruling though!

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141184&st=50

We have been informed by 3GN that to be recognized for the Division Series there needs to be at least 10 shooters in a Division. This makes sense so that a person earning 3GN Divison points has to actually beat some people to get the points.

Right now we have 8 shooters in Heavy Tactical (also known as Heavy Metal Optics)and we have 2 that have decided to shoot Heavy Metal Limited. These divisions will still be recognized in our match if there are at least 3 shooters per Division but will not receive 3GN points unless there are 10 people shooting them. If there are not at least 3 HML shooters, their scores will be added to Heavy Tac scores to make a single division.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Doug

jj

Ugh!!! I can't understand those rules! Tactical, Limited, Optics, Irons, WTF? Is it just me or is Heavy Irons, Heavy Optics, Tactical Optics, Tactical Irons not the most easily recognized way of stating divisions?

I distinctly remember someone from 3 Gun Nation posting the ten shooter minimum. I guess I'll have to go find it. It was right after the NW multi gun got added to the mix because it's a smaller match.

Would be lots easier to combine if the only differences were the scope vs iron sights on a 308...IE; 45 pistol with 10 rounds, and pump 12 guage...you could even do the old scoring method of having 2 winners in each stage that consisted of rifle, all other stages heads-up.

jj

Would be lots easier to combine if the only differences were the scope vs iron sights on a 308...IE; 45 pistol with 10 rounds, and pump 12 guage...you could even do the old scoring method of having 2 winners in each stage that consisted of rifle, all other stages heads-up.

jj

That makes a lot of sense for both Heavy and Tactical Optics vs. Irons.

jj

That makes a lot of sense for both Heavy and Tactical Optics vs. Irons.

TI gets along just fine and usually has enough competitors. Its the HM divisions that need to be standarized like TS/TI. And it would also let the two be combined when they are too small to stand alone. SMM3G had plenty in both Heavy divisons to stand alone, but at some matches, not so much...

jj

I wouldn't have a problem using a pump 12 and SS 45 but I have shot HM with irons in the past and it got real expensive

for me on rifle ammo pretty quick. My eyes fight me on targets over 200. At my age, I am kinda getting dependent on the scope.

Craig

When is the round count usually made available?

Early May maybe. Just plan on 300 rounds of each gun. No slugs or buckshot. You will probably only shoot 150 of each but double is always good. Might get buy with 150 Shotshells but all of the pistol is NOT hoser steel so two shots per isn't uncommon. Rifle is all steel at 50 yards or more with one stage on a moving platform so averaging 2-3 shots per target isn't uncommon.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser