Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in! Just have to mail in my app and check. My first CMMG and looking forward to it.

Can anyone confirm the team shoot format? Understand last year it was a modified stage with each team member shooting one gun; just curious if it's the same plan this year.

load up the truck time , I gotta sort out the ride room

I am still rounding up my crew before I saddle up for this one. I don't want to ride out alone

There should be a bunch of us from OKC going if u need a ride the last 5 hours.

Thanks Jesse = I am good now, We have our Green lights lined up With a truck load , now to book a room.

So I could not find a map or address for the range, But looking at the hotel recommendations it must be near Boonville X Fayette X Columbia triangle ? a hotel on the west side of Columbia is Best ???

Thanks for any help my Search Foo is week

So I could not find a map or address for the range, But looking at the hotel recommendations it must be near Boonville X Fayette X Columbia triangle ? a hotel on the west side of Columbia is Best ???

Check the last post on the previous page. I had some info in there about the hotel options.

If I remember correctly it is a few miles NE of fayette. I stayed in Boonville last year. I think it might have been a little closer than staying in Columbia, but there is more stuff to eat and do in Columbia.

It will be here before we know it! Whats everyone doing to prepare?

I finished my dedicated 3G AR recently and need to get it sited in.

Accumulated enough spare parts to hopefully cover anything that breaks, and found a loner rifle to borrow just in case

Investing in a good 3 gun cart

Booked the rooms and paid the entry.

Only about 300 more things to go and I should be ready to go.

Edited by SERVED_USMC

Bring a raincoat and a change of shoes. Better yet, bring mudboots! And a metal detector for the small plates in the woods!

From what Ive been told so far based on previous matches, this is a must. Ive watched some videos of last years match (i think) and some of the stages were a mess!

Accumulated enough spare parts to hopefully cover anything that breaks, and found a loner rifle to borrow just in case

I am planning to take a full month off from my guns. I have some tendinitis or something in my right forearm that I'd like to get rid of before the season goes full throttle in June.

I am planning to take a full month off from my guns. I have some tendinitis or something in my right forearm that I'd like to get rid of before the season goes full throttle in June.

Good luck Jesse!

I had that crap start about this time, last year, and it lasted until fall. MAYBE it would have gone away quicker if I would have let the Dr. give me the shots he wanted to. :surprise:

That sucks, Jesse. Hope it gets better. Those velcro bands help some. Could it have been from hoisting too many 12 oz weights?

Craig

That sucks, Jesse. Hope it gets better. Those velcro bands help some. Could it have been from hoisting too many 12 oz weights?

Craig

I hadn't thought about the 12oz curls! I'm switching that to my other string hand only for a month. I know I can't quit that training.

A cart was pretty much useless when I shot the match... Its easier to walk through waist-deep mud than pushing a cart through it.

I pulled a wagon through the mud in 2010. That was a beach so I upgraded to for 2011.

TheRig-4.jpg

And what a nice upgrade it was!!!!!

Craig

I hadn't thought about the 12oz curls! I'm switching that to my other string hand only for a month. I know I can't quit that training.

I tried switching hands for a month, but it felt like cheating.

Edited by Lead-Head

I don't have a cart question, but I do have a handgun question.

My M&P 45 has become my go to gun for Heavy Metal.

The match rules state single stack rules with no more than 8 rds in a magazine. Penalties will apply if you load more than 8. This makes me think that it is not strict single stack rules (USPSA).

Will my M&P be legal if downloaded to 8 rds or do I have to pull out my old Colt 1911?

Has anyone shot the match with a downloaded hi-cap gun?

Thanks in advance,

Kuan

I don't have a cart question, but I do have a handgun question.

My M&P 45 has become my go to gun for Heavy Metal.

The match rules state single stack rules with no more than 8 rds in a magazine. Penalties will apply if you load more than 8. This makes me think that it is not strict single stack rules (USPSA).

Will my M&P be legal if downloaded to 8 rds or do I have to pull out my old Colt 1911?

Has anyone shot the match with a downloaded hi-cap gun?

Thanks in advance,

Kuan

Download the M&P and you will be fine. I used to download my Para P14 before actually having a single stack. I still use the Para when rules allow 10 rds such as USPSA Heavy Metal Optics.

Craig