Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock G17 and G34

Chuck D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to shoot a G17 in SSP and USPSA production, moved to a G34 but for some reason, I shoot my G17 better. Maybe its because I've had it much longer. But I assumed I'd shoot the G34 better. I like the G17/34 because of it's low bore axis, I can get a high grip, enhances my recoil control. I guess I'm better with transitions with my G17 because I'm used to the weight already and the shorter barrel makes my transitions a tad faster. Both are great, can't go wrong.

I once shot my 22 and 35 back to back a bazillion times one day when I had the whole range to myself. Slow fire from a rest at bullseye targets, speed drills, moderate distances with some accuracy needed, etc. There was very little by way of firm results that I could glean from the numbers. A slight bobble in a draw or a reload swamped any difference between the guns.

Since I have more experience with the 35 and it feels a bit more natural to me, I decided to stick with it.

6 or two threes.

Hello: 25 yard head shot I like my Glock 34 :cheers: Close up stuff they are about the same with the 17 coming out of the holster a little quicker for me. I like the longer sight radius but have also used my Glock 19 and done well with it. If you don't already have a Glock get the 34, it plays well in all games. Thanks, Eric

I had used the G19 for two years and have since changed to using the G34 this summer primarily for it's accuracy at distance. I also liked how the magazines extend a little further in the mag carrier allowing a slightly better grip during reloads. I get a better grip overall on the G34 than the G19.

• 4 weeks later...

I shot my G34 for years and no matter what I dabbled with, always came back. Unfortunately my wife started shooting and stole my G34 so I am going to have to start loading for my G35 and see if I can get it set up the same way. Sigh, the price we pay to may our women happy.

My Glock 34 stays flatter for me during recoil, so I prefer it. I also prefer the controls (slide stop and mag release), but I have upgraded those items on the G17 anyway now, since my son shoots that gun when he goes to a match with me.

The first gun I purchased was the Glock 17. It's setup exactly the way I want. Vanek trigger, Dawson adjustable sights, grip tape. It's done and I'm not switching. It looks more normal to me than the 34/35. Starting over I'd buy the Glock 35. The 35 lets you do everything. You can download to minor and shoot production/SSP or load 40 major and shoot limited. Add a conversion barrel and mags, then it shoots 9mm. (A 9mm extractor may or may not be required. It's an inexpensive part.)

Edited by GForceLizard

I bought a 17 a couple weeks ago in a moment of weakness :) . There is something about the 34's balance I don't really like and the sight radius on the 17 is as long as all my 1911's so I don't feel like I am giving up anything there. I guess I will see how it goes.

I bought a 17 a couple weeks ago in a moment of weakness :) . There is something about the 34's balance I don't really like and the sight radius on the 17 is as long as all my 1911's so I don't feel like I am giving up anything there. I guess I will see how it goes.

I bought a 17 a couple weeks ago in a moment of weakness :)

I JUST FELL OFF MY CHAIR!!

I bought a 17 a couple weeks ago in a moment of weakness :)

I JUST FELL OFF MY CHAIR!!

Don't worry........I still don't like them. :sight:

I had used the G19 for two years and have since changed to using the G34 this summer primarily for it's accuracy at distance. I also liked how the magazines extend a little further in the mag carrier allowing a slightly better grip during reloads. I get a better grip overall on the G34 than the G19.

I used my G26 for a rogue match a few months ago. it called for all stock length mags. My mag carries just swallow those little G26 mags right up. Only the base pad really sticks out.

At the match, I dug through the trash can for a used target, cut some strips off, and rolled them up and put them into the bottom of my mag carriers as spacers. blink.gif

How is your G19 on reloads (much pinching on the skin of the hand)?