Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

i hate !

n1guess

small primer .45 brass is the demon cousin of of brass (or brass-colored) berdan-primed .223. the former plots for primer detonation while loading, the latter conspires to decimate your precious supply of decapping pins...

Gonna start loading 45s soon and would take the small primer over the large primer any day. Saves stocking 2 types of primers and swapping around the primer feed for the 45s

And your supply of SP will be contaminated with LP.

Been loading .45's for 15 years. Have a 20K supply that is constantly being "contaminated".

It's here. We are going to have to deal with it.

For the next several generations it will be two types of .45 brass.

I've been finding more and more of it in my supply of range picked up brass... Most all the headstamps i've been finding with SP's are Blazer. It usually rears it's ugly head just when I'm in a groove on my 650.. everything seems to be going along just fine... then... Hmm, thats odd, primer won't seat.. when I first started finding them I never even gave SP's a thought with .45 brass, now I half expect it and have learned to go with it.. <_<

Gonna start loading 45s soon and would take the small primer over the large primer any day. Saves stocking 2 types of primers and swapping around the primer feed for the 45s.

+1 - I don't load for 45 but everything else I load uses small primers.

Gonna start loading 45s soon and would take the small primer over the large primer any day. Saves stocking 2 types of primers and swapping around the primer feed for the 45s.

+1 - I don't load for 45 but everything else I load uses small primers.

Add me to the list. same reasons, and newer to loading .45. A lot easier if you don't have much vested in older technology.

If they stopped producing SP right now, you'd still have guys that keep a stash for lost brass matches, etc.

It would take a decade or more to get the majority out of the system. As it is, assuming they continue to make it (and why not, we continue to buy it), would you think it would take 50 years or more to purge the system of LP?

I HATE them too. I used some to make up dummie rounds. But how many of those do I need.

Next on my brass hate list. Federal NT 40 brass. Thank you Federal for taking the time to crimp the primer on your NT brass but not your regular 40 brass. A lot of the time I can get a primer half in. Just enough to gum up the works.

Its like Federal has a guy they pay just to think of ways to annoy reloaders.

HAAAAATE SP .45 brass. Federal, darn you....DARN you straight to HECK.

the curse of 10,000 flinches upon the fine person that thought of putting a small primer pocket in a Blessed be God .45 case...