Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Stepdaughter Made the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders

pbairborne

My stepdaughter and shooting buddy made the DCC squad this year. She graduated from college in May and almost immediately went down to Dallas for tryouts. I really have to take my hat off to her because of the work and dedication it took to make the squad. She had a dream and was willing to put forth whatever effort it took to make it come true. As she was preparing for the tryouts she worked out with single minded dedication. She exercised at the university gym, she put in a huge amount of effort into her dance routines and even went so far as to hire a former Rockette to coach her and help with the choreography. She even went so far as to (almost) give up cookies and ice cream. Then she went through the three weekends of tryouts where they cut probably 85% of the candidates. After that it was an 8 week boot camp. But in the end, with her dedication, she made the squad.

As you can imagine, I'm really proud of her accomplishment. I'm not sure what having been a DCC will mean to her ultimate career, but I do know that if she applies herself to a career like she did toward cheerleading, she can't help but be successful.

I've attached a couple of pics. One is of her at a match with some old guy, and the other is her DCC picture.

Colleen at Gem City.bmp

Colleen\'s DCC Pic1.bmp

If the tryouts and all are anywhere near as brutal as they show on the CMT Show, then she has really made a major accomplishment in life. Even if she decides that its just a year or two thing, that sense of accomplishment and "if I set my mind to it, I can do it" should take her far in life.

Congratulations to your daughter and he proud papa.

Man....as I see those pictures I can only think one thing.....

I'm going to spend a lot of money on this sport... After spending a fortune on production gear, I will spend another fortune on Open gear....

Kinda of sad that ths was te first thought that came to mind.....

What a cool thing!!!

I live in town, but can't confess to being a Cowboy's fan. Still holding with my Colt's...

If I happen to see her around town I'll say Hi! Kinda doubt her and I hang out in the same places thou... :roflol:

There were a couple of Cowboy cheerleaders at work the other day for a kids event. Didn't get the time to go down and check it out.

Congratulations to her! I'm sure the experience will be super fun and fulfilling...

Bill

when you started shooting with Colleen did you ask her :

∙ do you want to use a open race gun in USPSA ?

∙ or do you want to be in SASS and dress up like a COWBOY ?

I think she misunderstood . :roflol:

Dude, could you imagine her showing up at a SASS match dressed in HER cowgirl outfit???? I'd be swapping some L-10 gear for some Colt SAA's!! I've watched some of the shows about the DCC squad and that's a lot of work! I had no idea they had to go through all that, I thought they just snagged up some hot chicks and put a cowgirl outfit on'em but they really have to be dedicated and work to make the squad. Btw, if you couldn't tell I'm not a big Cowboys fan but I do like their cheerleaders :wub:

Edited by kend

Vern,

All it took was for her to run one mag through Dave Diorisio's open gun and she was ready for the dark side. Come to think of it, it didn't take her mother that much longer to do the same.

On the other hand, I know that she'd be a hit at a SASS match in her Cowboy's outfit.

Bill