Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Western States Single Stack Championship

Greetings everyone,

I could have swore that I posted the match announcement here about the 2012 Western States Single Stack Championship, but I was informed that I had NOT! Sorry about that.......the 2012 Western States Single Stack Champion will be the weekend of Jan. 28th and 29th. 2012 at the Rio Salado Sportsman's Club in Mesa Arizona. You can print a match application at www.riopractical.com and there is a link on the left hand side. Once we get the stages finalized I will post the round count here for you. As of today, the match is right at half full.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Steve H

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Greetings everyone,

I could have swore that I posted the match announcement here about the 2012 Western States Single Stack Championship, but I was informed that I had NOT! Sorry about that.......the 2012 Western States Single Stack Champion will be the weekend of Jan. 28th and 29th. 2012 at the Rio Salado Sportsman's Club in Mesa Arizona. You can print a match application at www.riopractical.com and there is a link on the left hand side. Once we get the stages finalized I will post the round count here for you. As of today, the match is right at half full.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Steve H

Fear not, Steve. Your match has been on the 2012 calendar (pinned at the top of this forum) since 26 Oct. ;)

Later,

Chuck

Match Application Filled out and mailed = Check

Confirmation received = Check

Ammo loaded and chrono'd = Check

Hotel booked = pending

I really enjoyed this match (first time I shot it was 2011) Was one of the premeir matches. Very enjoyable and well run.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You Might try Marty at Accuracy Speaks GunSmithing he is the owner of the gunsmith shop that is at the range. They usually accept ammo for

the big matches at Rio. 480-373 9499. He is a great guy and a practical shooter to boot.

dcalvert

• 3 weeks later...

Getting closer.......cool.gif

Al

Yup,

Right now the weather.com has Saturday at sunny and 73. :cheers:

(If you were at the WSSSC in 2007, you would know why this is important ;) )

was 2007 the year it snowed??

there's myths still lingering about a WSSC match passed that that the worst weather ever...

Getting closer.......cool.gif

Al

Yup,

Right now the weather.com has Saturday at sunny and 73. :cheers:

(If you were at the WSSSC in 2007, you would know why this is important ;) )

there's myths still lingering about a WSSC match passed that that the worst weather ever...

Rain,Freezing Rain, Sleet and finally Snow

No myth! It started out kind of bad and just got more suckier as the weekend went on. Rain mixed with snow on Sunday morning. Last stage was a prone :surprise: start. You had to carry an ammo can down range and get it into a shooting box at the end. By the time I got to the end my hand would not release the box. Totally soaked. Totally sucked... (Got good points though. All you had to do was shake the target to get 10 Alpha :roflol: )

Later,

Chuck

That last stage was a PIA. Chuck was in the squad behind us and sat in his rental car and watched us shoot it, black Ford Edge? I remember looking up there and thinking that guy is dry and warm.

It was just starting to snow/rain and there was a piece of carpet at the start. I am thinking that I will just flip it over and have a relativly dry side to flop on. I am coming up next and a guy shooting through shows up and jumps in line to shoot next. He goes up and flips the carpet over :angry: so by the time I got up there it was starting to get pretty wet.

Neal in AZ

That last stage was a PIA. Chuck was in the squad behind us and sat in his rental car and watched us shoot it, black Ford Edge? I remember looking up there and thinking that guy is dry and warm.

I was fine until I took off my raincoat to get into the start position. I started shivering right away and that did not stop until I got back into the black Ford Edge. That degree of hypothermia I had achieved that morning was worse than any case I ever got in cold-water SCUBA!

"I remember looking up there and thinking that guy is dry and warm."

I remember thinking that Richard Cranium just flipped the carpet into the puddle... :roflol:

44 folks shot SS at Tuesday Night Steel this week. Watch out boys and girls, the locals are practicing. :devil:

Later,

Chuck

We are getting a lot of quality live fire practice in here too ;) This morning on my way into work it was 4 degrees F with moderate to heavy snow. Expecting around 6 inches +. Looking forward to this match.

44 folks shot SS at Tuesday Night Steel this week. Watch out boys and girls, the locals are practicing. :devil:

Later,

Chuck

We are getting a lot of quality live fire practice in here too ;) This morning on my way into work it was 4 degrees F with moderate to heavy snow. Expecting around 6 inches +. Looking forward to this match.

You may appreciate what Weather.com is serving up for next week...

Saturday: Mainly sunny. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 40s.

Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 40s.

:D